TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

69 Rambler - Installing 360 & Body Work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2018 at 1:20pm
Thanks. Indeed, I owe my wife big time šŸ¤£
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2018 at 2:12pm
don't we all....me TOO....
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2018 at 4:33pm
Ollie, your done it look comes out pretty darn nice. I'm only good at house paintingšŸ¤£
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2018 at 4:46pm
I really like the color, looks great on the American. I dig the old school slotted wheels too!
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2018 at 5:43pm
Thanks, looked at a lot of colors. It's close to an original AMC color (can't remember the AMC name). Didn't really want a Ferrari color but it really pops.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2018 at 11:26am
Paint done.  Trim done.  Windows done.  Just installed 35% window tint on sides and back glass.  Now on to the interior.  Need to take apart my heater box for new seals before moving onto the carpeting, etc.

My 360 hauls a** and really runs tight.

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2018 at 2:51pm
Enjoyed reading through your your thread; great progress and great car. I think that body style, paint color, and wheel combo go well together to create a solid modern look.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2019 at 4:39pm
Been lazy during our recent unusual amount of rain of in San Diego County.  But I finally got off my duff and removed my heater box, heater core and blower motor.  Working on a new gasket/seal kit for my heater box.  Luckily, my heater core and blower motor work great.  Pulled out the seats and panels and got them over to my upholsterer.  Should take a week or so.  Waiting on new carpet from Galvin's.  In the meantime, got Dynamat down and used some Eastwood Black-Aqua splatter paint down in the trunk over the Rustoleum I had already painted there.  Getting closer to the final items (turn signals, new steering wheel) and just driving, driving, driving!  3 years on and off for my first real project.  Again, nice driver, not a show car.  I will say the body and paint are better than I ever expected but that was because I farmed it out to the experts.

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2019 at 11:52am
The emperor has some new clothes.  Still working on dash, gauges, steering wheel, etc.  Paint and body done.

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
Midnight Rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midnight Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2019 at 8:26pm
Nice job with the upholstry, the pattern has a real Rambler feel to it.

'66 American 440 Convertible 290/M-40/AMC 20 3.15/PS/PB
'04 Jeep Wrangler X Rocky Mountain Edition 4.0 5sp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic