TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

69 Rambler - Installing 360 & Body Work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2017 at 2:31pm
Here's a clickable link but it wants you to sign in to see.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNuyEfqHtzx2Abc1giSkY1oLQbVk4EPqUiU5Oia

The easiest way to make it clickable is once the link is pasted in your thread, highlight it and click the "Insert Hyperlink" button at the top. When the box comes up, it will already have the link in there properly. Just click OK and your done. Smile

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2017 at 3:43pm
Thank you. Knew there was some secret AMC hand shake to make it work. I will figure it out after T-Day. Maybe I can't load it from Google photos.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2017 at 12:30pm
Well, still can't figure out how to upload the video from Google Photos.  Maybe I should figure out how to put it on YouTube.

But here are some pictures from today.  It runs strong.  Need to adjust the idle but that is about it for now.  Starting on the fenders, valance, bumper and grille installation this weekend.

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
jsprengeler View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsprengeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2017 at 7:07pm
Gorgeous motor! Very nice work

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2017 at 3:29pm
This weekend I had a chance to install my primed fenders and valance.  I had never done much panel installation before so it was good to do it.  My passenger side fender was from the car when I bought it and the PO did a little Rube Goldberg work to get it to fit (sort of).  The driver's side fender is a good replacement from what was installed when I bought the car.  Now I need to learn the art of panel fitment and adjustment.  Seems like it will take some time, particularly with the passenger side fender as it has about a 1/2" gap between it and the passenger door.  I may use another fender off a 68 that is straight to replace it.  We'll see soon.  

But right now I want to get it out on the highway!!!!

Here is a before picture and an after picture.  Just a hair of difference Smile

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2017 at 11:35pm
My wife and I took the 69 Rambler out for a spin after I temporarily installed the fenders and valance, connected up the lights and made it at least legal.  Couldn't wait any longer to test out the engine.  It ran strong and fast.  Need to adjust the carburetor but it was a fun drive and progress feels good.

Edited by LakesideRamblin - Dec/17/2017 at 11:39pm
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
mitchs66 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchs66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2017 at 9:34am
Looking great, glad you got to take it out and drive it.
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2017 at 11:41am
That's a good lookin' little car!
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2017 at 12:27pm
Thanks guys, feels good to be driving it finally!
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2018 at 1:56pm
Been awhile since I posted on my project.  Been driving it with the 360 since late last year.  The 360 flies, great build from my AMC buddy here in town.  Finally found a good body and paint shop, saved some dough and they got started on it.  I'm stripping it down to the skivvies and starting from bare metal.  No rust through, a few spots of bondo on the right quarter but nothing major.  That was good news.  They will fix it up.  They do meticulous work.  Was going to keep it a similar color but now I'm not quite  sure.  Maybe a slightly darker metallic blue.  Anyone have pics of an American they did in a metallic blue.  Does not have to be an AMC color.  I would be interested to see your pictures.

Hoping to cruise it over to the Boulder Dam AMC shindig in November and meet some folks and have some fun.

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic