TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

69 Rambler - Installing 360 & Body Work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2017 at 11:13am
Thanks guys.  Just installed the gas tank yesterday after applying 3 coats of POR 15 on the tank exterior.  Good stuff.  On the home stretch.  Main fuel line, wiring harness hook up, put my fenders, hood and front seat back in and I'm driving.  Then eventually paint, carpet and that type of stuff:

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2017 at 8:47pm
While I have my fenders off I decided to coat the inner fenders with POR 15 since I had some left over from my gas tank coating.  This stuff is really good.  Now, main gas line, kickdown cable, shift rod linkage, electrical hookup and some exhaust and I will be ready to crank it.  Can't wait.

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
mitchs66 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mitchs66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2017 at 8:57pm
Looking very nice.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2017 at 4:57pm
Keep up the pace, looking forward to meeting you in Boulder City

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2017 at 8:45pm
Looking really sharp!  
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 9:59am
Took the Rambler in for the 360 exhaust.  Put on an H pipe, 2" off the log exhaust manifolds widening slightly to 2 1/4" with Summit turbo style mufflers with some new "older" style chrome tips.  Looking for the high end of "mild" for sound.  Got the exhaust hung before finishing up some other stuff underneath that could have gotten in the way. Almost ready for the road.

Edited by LakesideRamblin - Aug/31/2017 at 10:03am
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
mitchs66 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchs66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 11:23am
Fits like a glove, looks really nice.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 11:33am
Thanks very much Mitch!  Slow but it's progress.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2017 at 9:38am
Hello, we just finished Hannah's '66 Rambler American 220. We put a 401 in it.  We found that a 90 degree elbow on the oil pressure sending unit lets it clear the oil filter better.  After installing the elbow it was a lot easier changing the oil filter with the break-in oil. Good luck with the install.  I see you live in southern ca., I live in Kingman, Az. but my family that owns the car live in Long Beach, Ca. Maybe you guys will see each other at your local car shows. Thanks, ted [ jented ]
jented jn6:44
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2017 at 10:35am
You getting mighty close Matt.
The Rambler is still "busted" but going to Boulder City. Made our
reservations.

I see you went "mopar" style with the tips.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic