TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

'69 Javelin SST on Budget

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 434445
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2017 at 7:15pm
Of course I pull out my worn out leaf springs and they have more arch unloaded than the replacements I'm about to install. Hopefully these have more spring rate? Probably not. Oh well, we'll see. I'm cutting and punching out the outer bearing shells right now to install poly bushings and these have got to be the toughest shells to remove that I've ever done! These things are practically bonded to the leaf eyes. It's taken me entirely too long. I also don't have a sawzall for some reason (seems like I have everything but) so cutting them by hand with a hack saw and punching them out with an air hammer has been an adventure. All of the ones I've done before have come out with some persuasion with an air chisel without cutting them first.
1969 Javelin SST "Screamin' Banana" - 16k original miles, warm 360, TH-350, Model 20 TracLok, DAILY DRIVER
Red20 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2017 at 12:05am
Well, the AMX springs sit an inch or so higher. I can't tell yet if they're any stiffer or the ride is otherwise different. They've been out of a car for years, so they may settle some still.

I'm really not happy with my driveline angles though. Transmission is 2* down toward rear, pinion is 1* up toward front, and driveshaft is 3* down toward rear. That's a front and rear u-joint working angles of 1* and 1* difference in transmission and pinion. It's just too tight for my liking.
1969 Javelin SST "Screamin' Banana" - 16k original miles, warm 360, TH-350, Model 20 TracLok, DAILY DRIVER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 434445
  Share Topic