TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

69 Javelin Brake Linkages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mchaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 69 Javelin Brake Linkages
    Posted: Aug/09/2014 at 7:26pm
Long story short but I've no longer got the factory brake linkage set'-up.  Can someone give me an idea of the linkage ratios from the brake peddle to the brake booster push rod?
This is stuff in the bracket that the booster bolts to.  Some pics would be great too.  I'm wanting to know the lengths from the pivot to each hole so I can duplicate this.  Clear as mud sorry.
mchaggis View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mchaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2014 at 11:42pm

Is there anybody out there........???????  LOL

Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2014 at 12:12am
Sorry...I don't have a '69 to measure.
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
mchaggis View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mchaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2014 at 4:49pm
Thanks Buzzman72.  I'm sure someone has a 69 somwhere that they can have a quick look at....? 
I've ended up with the booster bolted directly to the firewall so all of the linkages that were between the booster and the brake peddle have long since gone.  I'm trying to duplicate the macanical ratio so I can restore the brake peddle feel as right now I have a very hard peddle and it requires a fair amount of effort.
johne View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2014 at 8:27am
I have my 68 Rebel linkage in bits at present if it's any help.....
67 Rebel SST convertible (parts car) RHD
68 Rebel SST convertible RHD
56 Chevy 210 (Long term project)
hffej View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hffej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2014 at 8:53am
I am currently replacing the power booster on my 69 Javelin and have it out of the car. The dash is also currently out of the car. The pedal, linkage, and booster bracket are still mounted in place. With everything out of the way it should be easy for me to take measurements and/or pictures for you.   My car is a V8 with the stock power front disc brakes. Let me know if I can help. Jeff
69 BBB AMX   69 BBO Javelin

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic