TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

'69 BBO AMX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 585960
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rogue343 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2018 at 7:45am
Congrats again, Cam!  Thumbs Up  Absolutely beautiful car and well deserved.

And, bringing a case of celebratory beer to the hotel parking lot wasn't bad either! Big smile

1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003
B Pitt View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Pitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2018 at 11:32am
Good Job on the Award!
I stopped by your car at the show but didn't get a chance to talk to you as you were on the phone but 
 the car looked good!

Brooke
DoughertyAMX View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoughertyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by kirkwood kirkwood wrote:

I sent a set of auto manifolds and they came out better than I could have expected. I then had them ceramic coated- well worth it!

Ian, who did you have ceramic coat your manifolds?  I'm looking for someone fairly close so I can drop them off (Indiana/Illinois/Ohio/Kentucky etc)

Doug
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2018 at 1:51pm
Congrats CamJam
All the hard work paid off nicely
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2018 at 8:12pm
Thanks y'all! I'm driving back to Az so only able to get on-line when I stop for the night. Anyway, all the kind words are very much appreciated. Folks like Ian Webb, Tony Lucas and Lee Crum etc. set a pretty high bar, so I just tried my best to try and make mine look more like theirs. I'm not there yet, but getting closer, lol.

Edited by CamJam - Jul/02/2018 at 8:30pm
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2018 at 9:03pm
Ian goes so far as to even make the paint appear period. His white Gremlin from a few years back looked like a photo out of an AMC brochure or magazine ad. It was not OVER-restored, it looked exactly as the car would have looked in 1970 or so. 
And people call ME picky........... there are some that it's almost impossible to catch up with. I'll never live that long. 
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2018 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by billd billd wrote:

Ian goes so far as to even make the paint appear period. His white Gremlin from a few years back looked like a photo out of an AMC brochure or magazine ad. It was not OVER-restored, it looked exactly as the car would have looked in 1970 or so. 
And people call ME picky........... there are some that it's almost impossible to catch up with. I'll never live that long. 

Absolutely! I met Ian for the first time at Auburn and practically the first words out of my mouth were how much I loved that Gremlin. After much gut wrenching I went with two-stage on mine, but there are still times I wish I hadn't. Sure is easier to take care of though.

It was a pleasure to meet you too, Bill. BTW, I'd love to have you do an alternator for me sometime!
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2018 at 9:51pm
Great job, and great to see you again, Cam!
Safe trip home to work on the '72....I can picture another absolute beauty in the offing!

Paul
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 9:29pm
You did an amazing job on the car Cam! You should be very proud of having your name being the first one on the new Teague Award for stock! All those long hours you spent restoring the car really show!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 585960
  Share Topic