TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

'69 BBO AMX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 60>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2014 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

Was there enough paint in 1 kit to paint all 4 Magnums?

Yes, and some left over.  I think I remember the instructions saying there should be enough paint for five wheels.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

gunnarcove View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnarcove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 12:30am
sweet find. keep pics coming of the car....

don
amo #9922
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 10:18pm
Happiness is rebuilt brake parts!

Why I'm not married:

pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 10:30pm
Did you have the calipers redone by a vendor? Who did them? Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 10:38am
Originally posted by pacerman pacerman wrote:

Did you have the calipers redone by a vendor? Who did them? Joe

Yes, Calipersonline.com did the calilpers and Booster Dewey in Portland, OR did the booster. They put stainless steel sleeves in the calipers.

sidewinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 11:00am
That will be one nice ride when your done!!  Nice job on the wheels too!  Love seeing a great car like that brought back to it's glory days!! 

keep up the good work!!

Chuck Page
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

348AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 348AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 1:44pm

How did you manage to pry that car away from the owner??? It's truly the proverbial "little old Ladies" car LOL!! "too powerful for the snow"...Ya think!!?? What rear gear is in it?
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by 348AMX 348AMX wrote:

How did you manage to pry that car away from the owner??? It's truly the proverbial "little old Ladies" car LOL!! "too powerful for the snow"...Ya think!!?? What rear gear is in it?

The car has been sitting since 1995, so she was in her 40s and 50s when she actually drove it, lol.

Apparently the lady's son also owned both a BBO and BBG AMX, one of which he drag raced.  He passed away about ten years ago and I think they sold his cars off.  I believe that the son was planning to restore his mother's car, but it never happened, and they traded it to some people in AZ who I bought it from. When I got the car, it came with some spares for the planned rebuild and also a lot of drag racing spares that apparently went to some of the other cars.

I think the son lived in Utah at the time, so anyone who bought a BBO or BBG AMX out of Utah might have one of the son's other cars.

I'm not sure what the gear ratio is.  I haven't found any markings yet and haven't taken the cover off the pumpkin to count teeth.

Someassemblyrqd View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Someassemblyrqd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 6:57pm
Who performed the rechrome on your brake light housing?  Greg
Greg E.
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 8:19am
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

Originally posted by 348AMX 348AMX wrote:

The car has been sitting since 1995, so she was in her 40s and 50s when she actually drove it, lol.

Apparently the lady's son also owned both a BBO and BBG AMX, one of which he drag raced.  He passed away about ten years ago and I think they sold his cars off.  I believe that the son was planning to restore his mother's car, but it never happened, and they traded it to some people in AZ who I bought it from. When I got the car, it came with some spares for the planned rebuild and also a lot of drag racing spares that apparently went to some of the other cars.

I think the son lived in Utah at the time, so anyone who bought a BBO or BBG AMX out of Utah might have one of the son's other cars.

I'm not sure what the gear ratio is.  I haven't found any markings yet and haven't taken the cover off the pumpkin to count teeth.

You don't need to remove the cover to find out the rear ratio. Just put a mark on the driveshaft and have someone turn the wheel one complete rotation while you count the number of times the driveshaft rotates.

Later!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 60>
  Share Topic