TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

69 AMX Rear Suspension

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adams2156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 69 AMX Rear Suspension
    Posted: Nov/13/2016 at 11:04am
Hey guys looking to get some info, parts, or pictures with how the rear part of the leaf springs mount, my current resto had custom brackets made that heavy duty leaf springs mounted too the brackets were custom made 4" long probably to give it more height, it was converted to a drag car, I've tried researching it but no one seems to have a picture of what I'm looking for, I see they sell replacement shackles but I'd like to see how the rear part of the leaf spring mounts to the car. Thanks for any help.
TX390AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX390AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2016 at 9:07pm
Ryan,
  A Tech Service Manual is your friend, find one, it has plenty of diagrams of the Javelin/AMX suspension. But to answer your question, the rear spring shackles mount to holes in the rear frame rail with a long bolt thru the spring shackle bushings. The bottom of the shackle mounts to the rear of the leaf spring with a similar bushing/bolt set up. American Parts Depot or Kennedy American sells the replacement shackles as well as the bolts and bushings.
  If you're within driving distance of Columbus, Indiana, I can lend you my TSM or you can look at my AMX's to see how they are supposed to look. Be prepared to leave a kidney as collateral!
Terry
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Rally Green
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Matador Red
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Calcutta   
   Russet
56 Chevy Sedan Delivery
2016 Can AM Spyder
55 Chev pickup
rockAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2016 at 9:30pm
Here you go. Prothane bushings and shackle kit.

DWR
1968 AMX

Adams2156 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adams2156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2016 at 4:37am
You are awesome thank you
Adams2156 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adams2156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2016 at 4:39am
Thanks! I'm going to order a TSM but may come check it out sometime if I run into any hassle with anything I'm from Kokomo and have family around madison
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic