TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

69 American "The Smurf"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2018 at 11:34am
Looking good so far! Good luck on finishing without unexpected delays...
Frank Swygert
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2018 at 12:34pm
Thanks farna. Need to get it done this week so I can take it to the East Texas AMC Cruise next Saturday.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2018 at 8:56pm
Getting tight on the Cruise In

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2018 at 9:53pm
It will be done. I get to use the company shop when I need it.
vintage60 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vintage60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2018 at 5:17am
Originally posted by 232jav3sp 232jav3sp wrote:

This was my first time ever using body filler. I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

Looks great!
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2018 at 4:30pm
Well, major setback today 😠. Got to work early to get the car to the point I could get it off the lift. Had everything done, except the clutch rod, I went to start it so I could have powersteering, and the engine locked up after a revolution. Something happened that caused my trans to bind with the clutch disc and it took a 6ft prybar to get the trans out. Needless to say the disc is bent and now I have to get another complete clutch kit just so I can get another disc. Not sure what happened, or why. I test fitted the disc and the pilot bushing as soon a they came in. And, yes, I did have the disc installed in the correct direction. Come heck or high water I will drive this car to Lufkin on Saturday! Still feel better having these setbacks as I doubt the old auto trans would have made the trip and back.
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2018 at 5:19pm
Darn, Patrick.  Sorry to hear, but your tenacity and experience will pay off!
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2018 at 8:14pm
Well, I stayed late at work, for an hour, and I found the problem. Best I can guess is I mustt have partially dropped the trans, on the way out of the bell housing, sometime on Saturday (mock up for clutch fork distance) and the input shaft retainer hit the trans adapter causing it to bend in the retainer base. It's only a steel sleeve pressed into an aluminum housing, so it ended up resting on the input shaft itself. Never cought it. It straightened right out with some medium force taps of a tiny dead blow.
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2018 at 2:42pm
She had a successful maiden voyage today! Shifts great, no noises, and so much quicker without the age air cooled auto. Very pleased.
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2018 at 3:17pm

Put in a SUMMIT short throw shifter. The picture I took of the installed shifter is too large to upload, so I'll have to take another.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic