TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68-73 Ambassador/Matador coupe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skynless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68-73 Ambassador/Matador coupe
    Posted: Sep/28/2017 at 2:56pm
Had a 69 Ambassador 2 dr HT that I lost in a fire. Looking for another driver while I restore the 68 Rebel.

Not sure if "coupe" is the right term, but to me it means 2 door hard top.

Really interested in a factory automatic console car.

Thanks!
1968 Rebel SST 343 4bbl 2dr HT
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2017 at 3:17pm
The Pacific Gold Rush Rambler Club will have a 68 Ambassador SST coupe for sale very shortly.  It has new paint (Laurel Green) and will have a new black vinyl top.  343/auto with console.  Contact Steve Green, our President.  I will PM you with his email address.   Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
skynless View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skynless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2017 at 4:18pm
Thanks, I appreciate it!

1968 Rebel SST 343 4bbl 2dr HT
Moose1967 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moose1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2017 at 7:14pm
Can you send Steve my contact information for the 68 SST also. Just in case the other guy decides not to go with it. I have a 68 SST 2 door myself and was looking for either another daily driver or parts car. Smile
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2017 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Moose1967 Moose1967 wrote:

Can you send Steve my contact information for the 68 SST also. Just in case the other guy decides not to go with it. I have a 68 SST 2 door myself and was looking for either another daily driver or parts car. Smile
   Sure,  PM me with your contact info and I will forward it to Steve, who does not monitor the forum.   Joe
mdh157 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdh157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2017 at 8:47pm
anyone know if the 68 has been sold yet?

Mark
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2017 at 9:05pm
The 68 Ambassador in CA is still for sale.   It is scheduled to go to the DMV for VIN verification and registration on Monday.  PM me if you want more information.  Joe
mdh157 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdh157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2017 at 9:29pm
pm sent Pacerman

Mark
2beersmaybe3 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2beersmaybe3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2017 at 10:48am
Joe, so as a club, you guys buy, fix, then re-sell Ramblers/AMC's. Sounds pretty cool.
1963 Classic 770 Cross Country
1964 Classic 660 4door
1964 Classic 770 2 door sedan
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2017 at 11:49am
Originally posted by 2beersmaybe3 2beersmaybe3 wrote:

Joe, so as a club, you guys buy, fix, then re-sell Ramblers/AMC's. Sounds pretty cool.

It all started several years ago when the man who is now our club president donated a well used Javelin 6-cylinder car to the club.  I was not a member then.   Reportedly there was a lot of enthusiasm for the project and enough labor and parts were donated to create a nice re-saleable car that sold quickly and made some profit for the club.  Since that time other cars (2-Rambler Classics and an Ambassador) were donated to the club by owners who could not care for them any more.  Those cars all languished with work being performed intermittently and parts being made available by a notable west coast AMC vendor who was also an officer in the club for many years.  We all know that when projects languish, interest can wane or vice versa.  The new president of the club who began his term in 2017 made it a point to try to finish the cars good enough for sale.  That's where we are now.   Though not "done" cars, we hope they all go to caring AMC homes.  If the new owners are in CA, we hope they join the club.  Joe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic