TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68-70 AMX & Javelin Heater Control Cables

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2019 at 11:44am
PM Sent
Greyhounds_AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2019 at 8:26am
Although I move kinda slow, I am still making progress on these. 

I've worked out the slotted end needed for AC cars and how to attach it to the wire. After about 9 iterations I've settled on a thickness and overall shape that's more than tough enough for the job, 3D printed in ABS plastic. I'm attaching the wire to the slot end by heating it and melting it in to the 3D printed part - it works really well. The wire gets and L shaped bend in the end beforehand, so it can't slip out regardless of how hard you pull on it. For a little more insurance I've added some acetone softened ABS to fill in the gap left by the embedded wire. It's not as pretty as I'd like, but it's incredibly strong and works great in my car.

1968 AMX 390 w/T5
Texas275 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2019 at 8:53am
Got my cables yesterday. They are awesome. Thanks or making them for us. 
DHACKING View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHACKING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2019 at 9:20am
thanx for the update...let me know when i can get a set of all cables for 1970 amx w/ac
btw...what is the purpose of the slot on the end...i've never figured out how the vent/a/c system works on these
thanx
RAYMON H
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2019 at 7:57pm
The slotted cable end allows the link between the AC evaporator door and the defrost damper to move independently some of the time. I think it directs AC output to the defroster if you engage defrost while the AC is on. 
1968 AMX 390 w/T5
Richard Markley View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Markley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2020 at 12:44pm
Do you still have any heater control cables available for my '68 Javelin?  Thx, Richard
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2020 at 1:55pm
Certainly! I keep materials on hand now to make up sets as people order them. Two questions for you though:
1) AC or non-AC car?
2) Intake mounted or firewall mounted heater valve?

1968 AMX 390 w/T5
Richard Markley View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Markley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2020 at 2:15pm
Yes its an AC car.  Valve is mounted on the engine.  
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2020 at 9:33pm
I can do that set for you, in fact I believe I have one made up already. For forum members I charge $75 for the 4 cable AC set + $18 shipping, so $93 total. You can pay me via Paypal, my address there is cmgreyhounds@gmail.com.

Thanks!
1968 AMX 390 w/T5
Rizmo View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2020 at 8:51am
put me in for a set. 70, a/c, intake mounted. Were you doing the rebel also?

Charlie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic