TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68-70 AMX & Javelin Heater Control Cables

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2019 at 4:23pm
No immediate need but would you consider making up a custom cable of a different length (thinking of my Machine)?
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

green70AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green70AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2019 at 10:37am
I am also interested in a set of these when you get them done Thanks Robert
green70AMX
maximus7001 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maximus7001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2019 at 7:47am
Any chance of making any for a firewall mounted heater valve?
1968 Javelin SST

1997 GMC Safari AWD

2002 Chevy Malibu

1997 Honda Accord

Winnipeg, home of the Jets.
Greyhounds_AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2019 at 11:34am
I'd be happy to make up cables for the Machine and for the firewall mounted version AMX & Javelin cars as well. The only trick is that I don't have those on hand to take measurements from, so I'd need you to do some measuring of your existing cables.

For each cable I'd need to know:
1) the plastic housing length, 
2) the cable length from center of one loop to the center of the other, 
3) if both loops are in the same "plane" of rotation or are 90 degrees off from each other. 

It works really nice to lay the cable out along a 2x4 and staple it down straight, then measure it. We'd want the measurements down to the 1/16" if possible.

So far the three cables used on the early AMX and Jav non-AC cars all have the loops in the same plane so I expect that's what we're going to see.

It looks like the same cable is used for Javelin six cylinder as is used for the firewall mounted valve on the V8 cars, part number 360 1561. That would probably be something alot of people would want.

1968 AMX 390 w/T5
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2019 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Greyhounds_AMX Greyhounds_AMX wrote:

I'd be happy to make up cables for the Machine and for the firewall mounted version AMX & Javelin cars as well.

:boogie:
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2019 at 12:38pm
I'm not sure what the Machine cables look like, but hopefully they don't have any of the flat steel tabs on the ends like the 68-70 AMX/Jav AC car cables do. I hope to start making those eventually if there's enough interest, but I'm going to have to work up a cad drawing of the slotted tabs and get those waterjet cut.  
1968 AMX 390 w/T5
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2019 at 10:33am
I worked up a first shot at a tool to make nice z-bends, as I've been told those are needed for the 71-up Javelins, SC/Rambler, and Machines.

One I get some samples of real cables for those cars I can dial in the proper dimensions of the z-bend. But the good news is that this looks like a workable method.

Next I need to work up the sliding slot end used on the one cable for 68-70 Jav/AMX a/c cars. I'm thinking now that I should be able to 3d print a suitable end that could clip on to a cable, and that way avoid the cost of cutting a metal version.

1968 AMX 390 w/T5
Wingnut377 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingnut377 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2019 at 6:49pm
Add me to the list for a set of 70 amx a/c cables, it's the only thing holding me up from installing my dash! Thanks, Thornton.
DHACKING View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHACKING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2019 at 4:39am
i'll take a set of cables for 70 amx ac car...any and all you get made...thanx!

RAYMON H
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2019 at 11:28am
I just finished a set of 70 Machine non-AC cables last night for a local club member who was nice enough to provide originals that I could take measurements from. They have little flags to tell you where to hook each one up to the control panel:

That same set would fit all 67-71 Ambo, Rebel, and Marlin without AC.

I'm also finishing up some early AMX non-AC sets tonight an will contact the folks that asked about those as I get them done. I'm looking for $50 a set plus shipping for the AMX non-AC set, and USPS large flat rate seems to be the best shipping option at $17.60. So total they'd be $67.60 shipped.

Also have made progress on the AC cables, as a nice fellow at work had a set for big cars so I've got all the dimensions to make those. They have bigger ends on some of the cables, and a slotted end on one. It'll be a little while longer before I'm tooled up to do those. Same with the early AMX with AC - I need to pull out the cables from my car to get dimensions yet.

I'm really happy to be making some progress on these - it seems that lots of people need them.
1968 AMX 390 w/T5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic