TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68 Javelin SST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay68SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2017 at 10:01am
Some updates, still going slowly.  To free up room in my shop for the up coming winter (I have 2 Dodge full size trucks a tractor and the car in my shop). I went ahead and installed the engine back into the car, before completing the body work and painting  To save time and money, I sprayed the engine compartment with Raptor bed-liner before installing. I did work on it for about 3-4 hours yesterday, installed the correct transmission mount and new speedometer cable, installed and connected the wiring to the alternator, started working installing the Holley electric fuel pump. I also took the driveshaft to a machine shop to be shortened 5.25 inches (from a Matador with the correct 727 yoke).

I also removed the old wiring harness from the extra dash that I have to start working on repairing the cracked plastic dash.
Jay68SST View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay68SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2018 at 3:03pm
Ok, been a while since my last post.. made some serious headway.  The car is back up on 4 wheels and running like a female canine in heat!

Below in the link to the engine running.  It has about 30 minutes of breakin time at the time of the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5uGLI2jHwA
Jay68SST View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay68SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2018 at 12:58pm
Getting ready to do some body work
Jay68SST View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay68SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2018 at 1:07pm
New exhaust installed.  Had it exit out in front of the tires.  Cherry Bomb Extreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubxVlDOOZUQ&t=34s

Jay68SST View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay68SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2018 at 2:40pm
The project 68 Javelin SST is now becoming a donor car (parts that I have already replaced, engine brakes, front end, springs) for a new project a 69 AMX.  Preferred the AMX, but came across this first.
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2018 at 3:11pm
That's the fate of thousands of Javelins.   Unhappy  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Jay68SST View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay68SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2018 at 8:38am
OH, it's not going away and not being cut up...just put on the back burner for a while...it's too good of shape to do that.  Just using the new parts I have already purchased for the AMX.  When I purchased this Javelin I also got a everything except the chassis from another cars. The gentleman had 2 cars but the other was totally stripped down to the bare chassis.  It was a Pennsylvania rust bucket, but he had purchased every panel to replace the floor pans, trunk pan, rockers (both inner and outer) fiberglass quarter panels and a fiberglass AMX hood.  This Javelin was a complete car, so I got an extra of everything.  I recouped my money already, buy selling off the 4 speed setup from the other car.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic