TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68 Javelin SST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay68SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2017 at 2:35pm
Doing a little side project to make some extra money.  Replacing the drum brakes on this 69 AMX with 76 Hornet disc. My friend has done a little custom work, molded in the headlight and tail moldings, removed the side markers.  It has a warmed over 360 with a 4 speed, originally a 290 4 speed car. The blue paint of the rear is an awesome metallic, that looks like it has stars in it. The picture does not do it justice.
amcfool1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcfool1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2017 at 5:21pm
um, so what happened to the Matador? good luck, gz
george z
Jay68SST View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay68SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2017 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by amcfool1 amcfool1 wrote:

um, so what happened to the Matador? good luck, gz

Unfortunately it went to the crusher. Saved whatever wasn't burnt, the car had been in a brush fire. The engine/trans is going in my 68 Javelin and the brakes are on my 68. The doors and front fenders are in my garage, sold the bumpers some trim and other pieces.
Jay68SST View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay68SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 2:13pm
Got the old girl media blasted, unfortuantely found that the drivers side rear quarter had about 1/4 to 3/8 filler.  Had been hit, and wrinkled all the way up to the sail.

Jay68SST View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay68SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 2:18pm
Started working on the body and sprayed the engine compartment with Raptor bed-liner.  As bad as I am with dropping tools, I wanted to have a rugged surface that could take a little beating.  I know some of the die hard AMC community will not like this as it is not the body color, but I like it and I think it really sets off the engine which I have since installed.
Jay68SST View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay68SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 2:24pm
Finished up the brake lines after installing the upgraded brakes.  I also finally got the 727 back from the shop.  Installed a little shift kit in it and I am using the factory torque converter (a heavy duty from the Matador).  Got the motor and transmission together and dropped her in this past weekend.   I decided to get the engine in before painting and bodywork is complete.  I really don't know when this is going to be completed and I needed the space in the shop.

Speaking of the shop, I finally got tired of spending $$ on a storage unit for my parts, so I built a loft for my storage, freed up some space, but that to is already almost full now.  And yes I am also a MOPAR fan.

Edited by Jay68SST - Sep/19/2017 at 2:31pm
SeanHatfield View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanHatfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 2:39pm
Really digging the engine bay. My only concern would be road grime and dirt getting into the texture of the bed liner... but it should be plenty resilient to tools getting dropped in it for sure. Looking good!
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 3:01pm
I like both your car and shop !! Seems like any shop you build is tooooo small !!!!

Nothing wrong with the bed liner idea, but I would be glad to hear your opinion in a couple years. I to was a Mopar guy before AMC.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 4:04pm
Really nice shop but your flag is displayed improperly.  Blue field goes to the left.  Just sayin'
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
Jay68SST View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay68SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2017 at 9:29am
Originally posted by rocklandrambler rocklandrambler wrote:

Really nice shop but your flag is displayed improperly.  Blue field goes to the left.  Just sayin'

Thank you, I would never want to display my flag improperly, that flag has see many lands foreign and has flown in Iraq (2 times), Afghanstan (2 times) and Kuwait.  I guess it just depends on perspective and I will always be half wrong.  Looking at my shop the way the photo was taken it is wrong, but if I am standing at the other end of my shop and look up it is correct, the blue field would be to the left. What's a man to do?Big smile In all sincerity, thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic