TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68 Javelin Fuse Panel diagram

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 2:48pm
Here's one also using the close up feature on a digital camera.

Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by 68JavelinSST 68JavelinSST wrote:

I think I'm alright now, actually, after just playing a guessing game with the fuses. Everything works now so we'll see if they continue working. 

I am curious why you spent the time to ask a question here since it appears you did not bother to spend the time to read the replies- or at least mine.  This is a classic example of why people that actually know answers here eventually give up trying to help.

It is simple; there is NO guess work involved.  Everything you need to know is PRINTED on the fuse block- just do something wild and actually LOOK at it like I said Smile.   You do not need a service manual, a scan, a picture or a visit to planet houston - for incorrect info. 

Or feel free to keep your eyes closed and put 20A fuses everywhere they fit LOL

Edited by Steve_P - Aug/24/2010 at 9:02pm
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Steve_P Steve_P wrote:

It is simple; there is NO guess work involved.  Everything you need to know is PRINTED on the fuse block-

I bet they do that for a reason - besides a great deal on ink that year...............
how many folks who blow a fuse in thier car have a TSM or wiring diagram with 'em??
FUSE panel, or owner manual in the glove box. That's all that's needed.
68JavelinSST View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 12:20am
Steve:

....Okay? I read the replies, actually, so I don't know where the hell that little comment came from. I was letting the people offering to scan their TSMs know that I no longer needed them to. The very first post answered which fuses go where, and the "incorrect" diagram was actually mostly correct and helped me figure out which fuses go where. I also don't know where the hell the 20V comment came from because I'm using 9's anyway...

As for your reply, I didn't pay attention to it, because if my fuse block DID have everything printed on it, I would not have asked the damn question. I'm not an idiot. Does this mean my fuse block isn't original? Hell if I know. But there's nothing printed on it, which is why I came here. Do you think I asked before even taking a look? No.

Everyone else:

Thanks for the help. Everything is working great!
Amx68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 3:17pm
Good to hear all is working right now. The wiring is one thing I'm not looking forward to doing in my car, but shouldn't be too bad being an older car.
1968 Amx - Was 390/4spd, will have mild 360/5spd T5 (project)

1999 Jeep Cherokee Limited - 4.0L Auto, 3-link front, 6.5" lift, 36" Swampers, locked front/rear, 4.56 gears, doorless, etc. Wheeled & DD
68JavelinSST View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 8:44pm
Yeah, it's pretty simple in these. My harness is one half inch loom, pretty easy to find wires that way. Except my turn signal wires are completely missing, that one has me baffled.

And Steve, I didn't mean to sound like TOO much of a dick, but I get a bit bothered when people consistently (on this forum, anyway) tell me that I'm not listening, or that I need to stop ignoring advice, blah blah blah. Just because I don't write a well thought out thank you note with excessive honorifics doesn't mean I didn't read your post and gather something from it, nor does it mean I'm completely incompetent.
poormansMACHINE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by 68JavelinSST 68JavelinSST wrote:

Does this mean my fuse block isn't original?

post a photo.
Hollywood View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2017 at 3:26pm
Looking for my wifes fuse box on her 1968 amx how about some help please lol!
sidewinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2017 at 8:34pm
Under the dash.....left of the steering column.....look up!!

Chuck Page

Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2017 at 4:01pm
"STOP....Do Not Pass Go"....
First order of business....But Another TSM!....
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic