TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68 AMX/Javelin 4spd shifter housing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE CHOP SHOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68 AMX/Javelin 4spd shifter housing
    Posted: Oct/12/2018 at 7:52am
Hi everyone. I have converted my AMX from auto to 4spd. I have a Hurst competition plus shifter in and have been messing with the plastic shifter housing to try and make it fit. After doing some research on here it looks like some have found the early non hurst shifter housing to work better. So seeing if anyone might have one for sale. Thanks!
1948kaiser View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1948kaiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2018 at 8:30am
is that an after market shifter or one for a amc car?
THE CHOP SHOP View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE CHOP SHOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2018 at 10:28am
It's the aftermarket hurst shifter so it kicks it to the center of the tunnel more. It looks like the 68 steel housing is more to the center and might work better with my aftermarket hurst shifter.
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2018 at 1:53pm
You will have to cut the 68 housing also.  IIRC it needs opening up for the 2nd gear shift.  And maybe also on the LH side?
amxess View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2018 at 4:23pm
Have an aftermarket fiberglass housing which would be easy to modify if interested. Never been used. PM if interested, $45 includes shipping to lower 48.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic