TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > AMC Cars For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68 AMX drag car

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amcpwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68 AMX drag car
    Posted: Nov/21/2017 at 11:38am
Somebody here must own this or knows its history? Would make a great S/S tribute car.  https://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/d/1968-amx-drag-race-car-amazing/6377690319.html

70amcpwr You just can't fix stupid.
SOLD 1970 BBO Javelin, wifes 73 AMX 360 4spd. Next project 1969 AMX
shootist View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2017 at 8:00pm
I know that car. In fact I helped a friend work on that car. I know the owner and who built the engine as well. Very solid motor for sure from a reputable builder. 
70amcpwr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amcpwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2017 at 10:13pm
Is it a good build w/ good components? Also wondering if it's an all metal or mostly plastic/fiberglass.

Just in thought process but anywhere near the asking price it would have to be near perfect to justify all the work that would go into tearing it all down and painting and detailing it to make it be a real tribute to AMC racing history. 

brownspirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2017 at 9:26pm
Drag cars are tough to sell/buy, I would want pics of the chassis. The money end is impossible to say without way more info. If it has a nice tig welded cage that certifies that is a good start. If it has a nice rear end and high end shocks and brakes it could be priced right. If it is a old, used up race car someone dumped a nice motor in , you need to look at it like you are just buying a motor/trans. Andy
69' BBB AMX 390/4speed
69' s/crambler
80' spirit 343/904 11.70@115 N/A
    driven to the track
70amcpwr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amcpwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2017 at 8:07am
Originally posted by brownspirit brownspirit wrote:

Drag cars are tough to sell/buy, I would want pics of the chassis. The money end is impossible to say without way more info. If it has a nice tig welded cage that certifies that is a good start. If it has a nice rear end and high end shocks and brakes it could be priced right. If it is a old, used up race car someone dumped a nice motor in , you need to look at it like you are just buying a motor/trans. Andy

Thanks for the input Andy, All of that makes sense and you're certainly one that would know. Just watching it for the time being hoping I forget about it Wink.
brownspirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2017 at 10:18pm
Well, I'm certainly not an authority, but I have been building a drag AMX for quite some time. It's nothing special, but it certainly has been very expensive and time consuming. Andy
69' BBB AMX 390/4speed
69' s/crambler
80' spirit 343/904 11.70@115 N/A
    driven to the track
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic