TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

67 Rambler Gasser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66sevets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 67 Rambler Gasser
    Posted: May/20/2019 at 9:57am
I finally got this car on the track. I didn't know what to expect I had not even gotten it out of the trailer or even started it since I brought it home. Car fired right up, needed some air in the slicks. I drove it around the pits to get a feel for it. It was not a test and tune day and the gasser group I was with only got 2 time trials before eliminations. 1st time trial, foot braking off the line the car ran 10.78 at 128. Felt good down the track and stable at speed. 2nd time trial I blipped the throttle and stalled it, then proceeded to nervously flood it for no start and a push off to the side to get a pull back to the pits. Got to the pits and still no start. Pulled a plug and it was black, no spares yet so back in it went and we got it going with some starting fluid. So for the eliminations I put a 10.50 index on the window just to get started. Lined up next to old Ford coupe gasser with a big block chevy indexed at 10.00. Cut a good light and never saw that Ford again until after the traps. Car ram a 10.46 at 130. I broke out and the day was over. I need to get some hotter plugs I think but the car is everything the seller said it was. I coppied and paisted the info from the post.   Steve

67 Rambler American Gasser Drag car. 439 ci. AMC engine Torqueflite 727 w/ trans brake. 9" 4.56 spool, 6.42 sec 1/8 mile @ 110 mph.
Speed way straight axle
Mini tub
roll cage 
Indy heads ported, and intake
Solid roller cam
K1 billet stroker 4340 crank 
Skat rods
Race tech pistons 12.5 to 1 gapped for Nos.
Extensive oil modifications
Domonator, Msd, custom headers billlet dist.
Much more not listed.
Dynoeed 717 hp. 
5200 stall A1 converter 
A1 727 reverse manual valve body w/ trans brake
Lots of extra parts 
Class Guy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Class Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2019 at 10:29am
Too cool!
Addicted to acceleration.
Owner and Admin for
www.classracerinfo.com
kibler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kibler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2019 at 1:38pm
where did you run?
66sevets View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66sevets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2019 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by kibler kibler wrote:

where did you run?

Milan Dragway
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2019 at 3:26pm
Very nice and glad to see it’s AMC-powered. Whoever built that engine has some serious $$$ in it.
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2019 at 11:55am
pretty cool...great to see it out...
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic