TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

66 rogue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2009 at 10:57am
The late service manual is actually a supplement to the early 66 Rambler American service manual.  I have at least one of those if you need any info.   I also have a 1966 (only) parts book which contains all of the exploded views that Kermit referred to above.  Contact me if you need copies of any of the diagrams.  I have a low mileage 66 220 Rambler and would be glad to compare notes with you about what you find on yours.  Your's looks like the medium light metallic blue called Britannia blue in 1966.
Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
RWBAMX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWBAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2009 at 11:53am
Originally posted by pacerman pacerman wrote:

The late service manual is actually a supplement to the early 66 Rambler American service manual.  I have at least one of those if you need any info.   I also have a 1966 (only) parts book which contains all of the exploded views that Kermit referred to above.  Contact me if you need copies of any of the diagrams.  I have a low mileage 66 220 Rambler and would be glad to compare notes with you about what you find on yours.  Your's looks like the medium light metallic blue called Britannia blue in 1966.
Joe

Thanks that sounds great I will let you know if I need anything.

This morning I worked on the car some more. Next I think that I will start scraping the under coating off. Other than the wheels/tires and suspension and rear end the only parts left on the car are the steering components, dash, brake and fuel stuff. I did find some rust in the inner rocker around the front passengers right foot. I posted a picture of it below. Once I get all the under coating off I will bring the car to my uncles where I can make some sub frame connectors, six point roll bar, and fix the rust.

The battery tray is totally gone, but thats ok because I will put the battery in the trunk anyway.

Here is a couple pictures of the trunk.

Here are parts that came off the car.

The gas tank was totally full when I removed it, it is still mostly full.

These are all the small hardware parts I removed, they are also labeled.

This is the manual I bought.

Here is the rust in the inner rocker.

66 Rogue 360, 4 speed
68 American N Code 4 speed
RWBAMX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWBAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2009 at 3:16pm
Does anyone have any tips for removing the windshield wiper motor? Thanks
66 Rogue 360, 4 speed
jmd868s View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmd868s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2009 at 3:47pm
When I swapped my wipers from vacuum to electric I took out the entire linkage because they were different, that made it easier to take out, but a pain to put back in.  I don't know if there is an easier way than that, I would hope so.  Also that is the supplemental manual, I would probably buy a technical service manual to go with it, it has a lot more info in it.  There is one I just found on ebay #360128029834.  That is the first one I found look around and you might find a cheaper one.
RWBAMX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWBAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2009 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by jmd868s jmd868s wrote:

When I swapped my wipers from vacuum to electric I took out the entire linkage because they were different, that made it easier to take out, but a pain to put back in.  I don't know if there is an easier way than that, I would hope so.  Also that is the supplemental manual, I would probably buy a technical service manual to go with it, it has a lot more info in it.  There is one I just found on ebay #360128029834.  That is the first one I found look around and you might find a cheaper one.

I see what you mean about the manuals. Thanks for the heads up. I went a head and bought the one on ebay. I am looking forward to it arriving. Gordon
66 Rogue 360, 4 speed
Brootal View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brootal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2009 at 8:00am
Originally posted by RWBAMX RWBAMX wrote:

I just want to build a really cool street car. Gordon

A '66 Rogue with a 290 and 4-speed IS a really cool street car.

Pretty ambitious plans, but don't cut up too much on that car, might actually be worth something one day. ;)

The cage and rear seat delete might be a bit overkill, and where's the fun if you can't take your buddies for a ride?

Will be watching this with great interest.
RWBAMX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWBAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2009 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Brootal Brootal wrote:

Originally posted by RWBAMX RWBAMX wrote:

I just want to build a really cool street car. Gordon

A '66 Rogue with a 290 and 4-speed IS a really cool street car.

Pretty ambitious plans, but don't cut up too much on that car, might actually be worth something one day. ;)

The cage and rear seat delete might be a bit overkill, and where's the fun if you can't take your buddies for a ride?

Will be watching this with great interest.

I know what you mean, but a six point roll bar can always be cut out of the car if I ever decided to sell it or if the buyer decided to. Smile
66 Rogue 360, 4 speed
RWBAMX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWBAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2009 at 10:27am
Yesterday i got the wiper motor removed and I started to scrape off the undercoating, which seems like it is going to take forever to do, but I think it will look nice with out it. I will do a little bit at a time so I dont get burn out with it.
66 Rogue 360, 4 speed
RWBAMX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWBAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2009 at 1:26pm
well I am still scraping all the undercoating off the car that I can get to with the suspension on it. I also received the 66 service manual, the big one. It has a lot more information than just the supplement so it should come in very handy. Just thought I would fill every one in.
66 Rogue 360, 4 speed
jmd868s View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmd868s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2009 at 2:36pm
I don't envy you there at all, but in both cases it will be worth it in the end.  I always like a car that looks as good from underneath as it does from above.  I am really anxious to see how yours turns out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic