TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

66 rogue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWBAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 66 rogue
    Posted: May/24/2009 at 1:04pm
I wanted to say that I just bought my first AMC. It is a factory 290, 4speed rogue. I also bought a 401 for it.Smile I don't have any pictures right now but I will post some up once the car gets delivered. The car needs just about everything, but on the bright side it is mostly rust free. I am really excited to start working on it. Gordon
66 Rogue 360, 4 speed
68 American N Code 4 speed
6705-5R AUS View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6705-5R AUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2009 at 2:09pm
great, post pictures when you can. good luck with the project
67 American 440 Sedan (RHD)
jmd868s View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmd868s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2009 at 7:23am
I also chose the 66 American for a first project (jealous of the V8, mine is a 6), and I am glad I did, I am still working on mine but working on something different like an American is an experience you will be glad you had, there are headaches involved, but it will be so sweet when you are done, and different.  Lets see some pics when you get the chance.
ramblin robert View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblin robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2009 at 10:37am
green with envy. congratulations!
1966 Classic 770
1976 VAM Classic (Matador)
RWBAMX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWBAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2009 at 3:14pm
Here are some pictures. It was delivered yesterday so the garage is a little messy. I took the interior out of it already and vacuumed the floor. I also took the trim off, and the door panels. This Friday night I will be taking the engine and transmission out. GordonSmile

66 Rogue 360, 4 speed
bigbad69 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2009 at 11:51am
Looks really solid!

Other than the 401, what are your plans for this project?
69 Javelin SST BBO 390 T10
RWBAMX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWBAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2009 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by bigbad69 bigbad69 wrote:

Looks really solid!

Other than the 401, what are your plans for this project?

I was considering a 5 speed either a TKO 600 or the Richmond super street overdrive but i am not sure yet. I will have to see if it fits into my budget. I also want to make some sub-frame connectors and possibly a six point roll bar. I will keep the interior the same blue or teal color. If i do a six point roll bar I may make a rear seat delete, with the cross bar it would be hard for passengers to get back there and probably not to safe for them. I really like the original bucket seats so I will have them redone but I don't know if I will put the middle arm rest back in or not, probably not though. I have some ideas of a RWB paint scheme which I think would be really cool. Lastly, the car has drum brakes on it so a front disk brake conversion is defiantly in the plans.

I just want to build a really cool street car. Gordon

Edited by RWBAMX - May/29/2009 at 1:06pm
66 Rogue 360, 4 speed
RWBAMX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWBAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2009 at 11:36am
Last night my friend and I pulled the motor and transmission. Here are some pictures.Smile

66 Rogue 360, 4 speed
poormansMACHINE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2009 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by RWBAMX RWBAMX wrote:

.....so the garage is a little messy.

I'd have to send a search party into mine (after they sign a release of liability) just to find my Ambassador.
RWBAMX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWBAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2009 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by poormansMACHINE poormansMACHINE wrote:

Originally posted by RWBAMX RWBAMX wrote:

.....so the garage is a little messy.

I'd have to send a search party into mine (after they sign a release of liability) just to find my Ambassador.

Hahaha, I guess it not really messy. I am just not used to having a project car in there.
66 Rogue 360, 4 speed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic