TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

'66 rebel buckets in a '64 american

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 330inthemorning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '66 rebel buckets in a '64 american
    Posted: May/17/2019 at 6:59pm
i was at a junkyard today, and i spotted a set of buckets out of a '66 rebel (with a 4-speed, and i cried a little knowing how cool and rare this car is).  

since i am installing a T-14 w/ a floor shifter out of a hornet, i'd love to have buckets, and would not settle for anything less than period-correct AMC airline ones.

i measured both the rebel and the american.  surprisingly enough, there is only about 2-1/2" difference in the width of the two cars, so i don't see any fitment issues.

my question is this...does anyone know if these are the same seats that came in console-equipped rogues and 440H's of the same year, or are they different?

thanks in advance

Edited by 330inthemorning - May/17/2019 at 7:13pm
Heppcat View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heppcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2019 at 4:01pm
Sorry I can't help with the seat question, but can you tell me the name of the junkyard? I have a '66 Rebel 4 speed that I need some parts for. Thank you.
330inthemorning View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 330inthemorning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2019 at 5:33pm
hidden valley in maricopa, AZ.  pm sent with all the info.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic