TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

'66 american conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '66 american conversion
    Posted: Feb/06/2016 at 1:00pm
Clap Hello everybody.
 I received a reply that I should post my conversion here.  So I will start posting here.  I am a new member so I am still learning about posting. I would like to do it the right way, so thanks for the info from other members to help me out.
 I am currently restoring and converting at the same time, a '66 Rambler American that has been in my son n law's family for 30 yrs. or so. My friend Ken has a shop where we work on cars and rebuild things. He has a car lift;forklift;welders;air; metal band saw; metal lathe; and he is buying a 3phase mill. The shop is 50' x60'x15' high, 12' door. We are working on my Granddaughters '66 American that had a I6 with auto. I will post pics when I have 30 posts. We are installing a 401 with a 700R tranny and a cut down 8.8 explorer posi rear end. Rodger another friend is a tool and die maker, and makes parts for us. He made new over size door hinge pins for my '46 ford truck for instance that are tapered and work perfect. Thanks, Ted
P.S.

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/jented1/library/  Here is my Photobucket link Thank, Ted

Edited by jented - Feb/16/2016 at 10:44pm
jented jn6:44
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2016 at 6:17pm
I've always liked the body on those cars. If you have a photobucket account (it's free) you don't have to wait to thirty posts to show us pictures. Also, you only need the one project thread, for this car. We'll see when you've updated it. Keeps things in order that way ;) What else have you done to the 401?
mitchs66 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchs66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2016 at 8:47pm
Awesome! Keep us posted and hope to see a lot of pictures soon.
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2016 at 9:16pm
Update on my resto/conversion.
Smile Today we finished welding added strength to the transmission cross member and the front cross member.  We fit the new booster / master cylinder to see if it wood fit. We are going to change the 10psi valves to 2 psi so we can run 4wheel disc brakes. Next week we are going to clean up the engine bay area. Now is a good time since we have the whole front end out. We are thinking about sandblasting it. We are changing the vacuum wipers over to electric and since they are out to perfect time to blast. We have stripped the whole car windows and all. This is a Ca. car so very little rust. Rear quarter panels and a little surface rust in the trunk and passenger floorboard. The body is straight and will 2 tone paint real nice. It was fun taking out the front window that's been in for 50 yrs.  We chipped out the inside front rubber, that was hard as a rock, and pushed out the window with the outside rubber still in tack. Our car has the stainless metal in the rubber and should buff out ok. Thanks, ted
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2016 at 9:24pm
how do I update my post. I don't understand how to do that. It sounds like would be easier. I don't want to confuse anyone.  I am always confused when it comes to computers.  I will try to see how to do photo bucket. I know my Son does that I think. Thanks, ted
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2016 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by jented jented wrote:

how do I update my post. I don't understand how to do that. It sounds like would be easier. I don't want to confuse anyone.  I am always confused when it comes to computers.  I will try to see how to do photo bucket. I know my Son does that I think. Thanks, ted

Just continue to use the reply box on the bottom of the page. You've got that part nailed! Lol!
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2016 at 10:58pm
You have six more posts to be able to directly post pictures to this thread.

Respond and it's five to go!
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2016 at 11:09pm

I am glad to here that. I have uploaded some pics on photo bucket. I was surprised it wasn't very hard. Thanks, ted
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2016 at 11:16pm

Hello, I have uploaded some pics on photo bucket. So how can you see them. Thanks, ted
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2016 at 8:12am
You can view the pictures you've uploaded by clicking on "library". It's located near the top left of the page, after you log in. Once in your library, click on a picture you'd like to view. You'll notice that the picture will be much larger, and to the right of picture there you'll see "SHARE THIS PHOTO", and it will have four options below it. Choose the 4th option (it says IMG). Just click on the box to the right of IMG and it will say that you've copied it. Come back to the forum, right click in the reply box, choose "paste" and whallah! Just repeat for more photos.

PS, you can post more then one photo in the reply box at a time, and you can still type as well. Always nice to have narration when looking at a picture, lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic