TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

64 American 440 H project ( pics )

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinfsj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2008 at 1:32pm
I figured you just left the driveshaft hanging and I'm glad you did. If you have to remove the driveshaft, disassemble the u-joint underneath the car. The big nut requires a boatload of torque, about 250 to 300 ft/lbs, to be at factory spec. If you got the tools to achieve that torque then you're good but most people don't. That's odd that you have no brakes at all. usually it's brakes don't work but park brake does or visa versa. It is as simple a brake system as it gets so it shouldn't be difficult to figure out. The park brake system is diffinitely the simplest one I've ever seen. Have fun and I hope to see more updates.
1982 Jeep J-20
1965 Rambler American 220
1978 Jeep Cherokee w/401
1983 Jeep J-10
1979 Concord DL 2dr
440H View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 440H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2008 at 5:16pm
Hey guys,thanks for all the responses to my two for sale adds, it all goes to a  good cause
 (my project car), back to work today so no work on the car for a week. lets me catch up on some e-mails and pm's also some shipping. also got an early Christmas gift from my wife Cheryl ( who has been very supportive )  a Linclon 3200HD mig welder it was a craigslist find. used on one project. with gas bottle 1/2 tank gas, regulator gas kit and 1 spool .030 wire. we trested it out in his garage and it worked great. so now I can get the motor mounts finished..
Brandon
ramblinfsj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinfsj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2008 at 9:39am
That's an awesome Christmas present. Maybe Santa can get one of those through the chimney for me.
1982 Jeep J-20
1965 Rambler American 220
1978 Jeep Cherokee w/401
1983 Jeep J-10
1979 Concord DL 2dr
440H View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 440H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2009 at 11:04am
Just a quick up date, have been dealing with home and family stuff for a few days,went shopping for some garage supplys, and put some indoor outdoor carpeting down on the garage floor to help fight the cold.
 also started getting the grill and engine bay area cleaned up, its going slow so it looks like another week before I can get the motor back in the car.
 Also found rust through " cancer " on both sides of the firewall above the toe panel.
all down the pinch weld area along the door jam. didn't see this until I got the fenders off.
was hidden pretty well by the fender and bonbo with under coating on top of it.
 looks like patch panel time..
Brandon
harleywopp View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harleywopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2009 at 12:12pm
good luck, let me know what you do about the brakes!!!
Beat it all week! Fix it all weekend!
440H View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 440H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2009 at 1:18pm
Don't  know if I'll get to it this year...

Edited by 440H - Mar/04/2010 at 10:53am
Brandon
ramblin robert View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblin robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2009 at 4:14pm
don't do it man. you'll regret it forever. it's not always about the finished project. it's just as much about how you got there. finishing what you started is a noble deed.

it's like a relationship. you don't walk away just because you had an argument. take a step back and take a look the great things that you saw in her when you met her.
1966 Classic 770
1976 VAM Classic (Matador)
440H View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 440H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 1:00am
Spoken like a true gentleman.. who knows guess it could be worse...
Brandon
440H View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 440H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2009 at 8:23am
Hey guys, been a long time, well I still have it and it looks like it will be a winter project to get it running and driving..   and safe.. then I'll see what happens from there...
Brandon
440H View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 440H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2010 at 2:32pm
Just an update finally got to do a little woork on the car again, tore out the inside and found a little rust rot in the passenger floor above the brace and am now able to see how bad the firewall goes into the kick panels and floors also a split in the rear part of the drive shaft hump is this the way it came or did somebody do this ???

Edited by 440H - Mar/02/2010 at 2:42pm
Brandon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic