TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

'63 rambler classic/64-69 rambler doors?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '63 rambler classic/64-69 rambler doors?
    Posted: Jun/20/2012 at 9:38pm
Hi,
I have a question: I know that the 63-64 rambler classic door skins are the same as 64-69 skins, but are the actual doors ( minus frames) the same? Do the American doors have frames that unbolt? I reskinned my '63 classic door, but now theres a pretty big gap between the vent glass and the top of the door skin, so now I'm thinking that it may be easier to get a good used door...
Thanks,
Graham
estes View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2012 at 11:47am
Still trying to figure this out... I checked some pictures and it appears that the americans have bolt in/out window frames, but i'd like to know for sure...
67RogueX-Code View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67RogueX-Code Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2012 at 11:50am
Yes, that is true. The same American door is used for both hardtops & sedans... just bolt/unbolt the window frame, depending on which application you want.
Bob Wilcox

67RogueX-Code
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic