TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 3:27pm
Hi Craig. Yeah i heard a rumour the SC/360 was having some issues but I refused to believe it. You were probably the same and refused to believe it too. You should still fly down for a look? We will then at least be able to smell the SC/360 on you Tongue

Looking forward to having you over from WA again Darren. Oh that and I need you as one of my parking maids Smile 

Not many more updates today. I will be down at venue much of today and tomorrow setting up

See you all soon Smile

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 4:46pm
Michael Brown who owns the awesome Hornet that frequents the SummerNats is bringing down his equally awesome Javelin. From the photo's I have seen of it in magazines it is one real smooth car. cant wait Smile
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 8:34pm
If you are here tomorrow (Friday) don't forget John Carson will be doing some laps in anger in his AMX track car out at the Barnawartha Logic centre racetrack. The track is about 15km south of Wodonga. If you put Barnawartha Logic centre or Barnawartha BP that is where it is. They do the timed lap sprints in the first half of the day
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2018 at 5:36am
What an amazing weekend Tongue We didn't quite crack the 51 record for AMC's but we did get somewhere between 45 to 49 or so. I just need to go back through what was around over the weekend, The Javelin/AMX's easily broke the Australian record with 20 or 21 I think it was. Wait until you see the photo's of all these all lined up on the Sunday. Wow! 

Photo's will start popping up here I hope as I didnt take too many

The show as a whole had 855 entrants beating last years by over 100 cars. 

Awesome variety of AMC's and Chryslers

AMC's and enthusiasts from all over Australia (VIC, NSW, QLD, STH OZ, Western Australia and New Zealand) really made it such a great weekend. 

More photo's and stories coming soon. I am just about to hop into bed and get my first decent nights sleep for the last few days.

Jase Smile

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/18/2018 at 5:43am
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2018 at 6:48pm
Wow! And I don't just mean the photo. I have Western Red here all the way from Western Australia who just helped me put my first ever photo on all by myself Smile how good am I LOL

Plenty more photo's and captions to come Tongue

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/18/2018 at 6:51pm
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2018 at 9:43pm
Vested interest there, saves me a lot of work.

Absolutely awesome weekend with so many great cars and great people.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2018 at 3:57am
Ha ha yeah you will have more time to get your cars done to bring over to the show now that you don't have to upload all of my photo's all the time Smile 

It really has been much appreciated over the last 4 to 5 years all the photo's you were able to put onto this forum for me. Thanks mate

Another great photo of most of them all together from a top a ladder

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/19/2018 at 4:01am
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2018 at 4:29pm
AMC's in the one spot in Australia! Smile

of them Javelin/AMX's!!!! Tongue

Unless i have missed a sneaky AMC that came and went we almost made the unofficial 51 record with 46 AMC's in the one spot. The most together in over a 1/4 of a century. How does that sound Tongue 

Something that sounds even better is 21 Javelin/AMX's all in the one spot!!! on the sunday. What a sight Tongue

2018 5th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show roll call;

15 Javelin's
5 AMX's
4 Hornet's
3 Jeep's
3 Classic's
3 American Convertibles
2 American sedans
2 Matador X's
2 Ambassodorre's
1 Concorde wagon
1 Concorde AMX
1 Rebel
1 Matador sedan
1 Matador hearse
1 AM General Humvee
1 Gremlin

Photo's and stories will be put up over the next couple of weeks. 

Feel free to add any photo's and information

Some MIA's that were coming but didnt make it for one reason or another- 1 Matador X, 5 Hornet's, 1 Nash Metropolitan, 4 Javelin's, 3 Classic's, 1 Rebel, 1 Matador sedan

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/19/2018 at 4:37pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2018 at 12:16am
Couple more photo's. Looking at row of Javelin/AMX's from the other side and from the rear. I will start putting up individual photo's of all the cars soon Tongue

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2018 at 4:31pm
The next big AMC show is the Shannons American motoring show near Melbourne;

http://www.aomc.asn.au/shannons-american-motoring-show/

or email Colin Main (president of the Australian AMC/Rambler club) for more information at;

amorphan@optusnet.com.au

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
  Share Topic