TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2018 at 3:02pm

Smile 2 Weeks to go Tongue

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/03/2018 at 3:26pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2018 at 3:26pm
Still with 2 weeks to go we have 32 AMC/Ramblers officially pre-entered and 18 definite but just haven't sent their form in yet making 50 cars coming so far. Literally just 1 short of the Australian record for the number of AMC's ever displayed in the one spot in Australia. But there is still 2 weeks to go so anything can happen Smile

There is about 12 maybe's on top of this 50 and there is still some owners I haven't been able to contact or heard from. There has also been some good rumours regarding cars that aren't even on my radar. This truly will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to show your AMC/Rambler (which can be in any condition,ie we have 3 unfinished rolling shells and a broken one on a trailer coming) and have a great weekend in such a nice part of the country surrounded by a whole lot of other AMC's and their owners.

Breakdown of the 50 AMC's that will be all lined up on the 18th March Tongue
15 Javelin's
5 AMX's
7 Hornets
3 Matador X coupes
3 Matador's
3 Classic
3 American convertibles
3 Jeep
2 Ambassodorre
2 American sedans
1 Nash
1 Rebel
1 AM General Hummer
1 Concorde

I will only post itinerary updates from now on and wont put any more car updates on now as I will leave it as a surprise what cars book in over the next 2 weeks but the above 50 are fully booked or have said will be there. 50 plus AMC's in the one spot!!! I want to be there for that. They are going to look amazing all lined up together Tongue

Sadly still no Gremlins, Marlins, Spirits, 50's or early 60's AM cars, or AMC Eagles on the radar at all. And no AMC/Rambler wagons anywhere in sight! Where have all the AMC/Rambler wagons gone? Smile  Some more Nash's and Hudsons would be great too. Maybe as one last effort to attract some of them rare cars just mentioned plus some more Javelin/AMX's and other AMC's maybe everyone could do just one facebook post or group email or club mention, phone call, group text, door knock etc even if you already have done so in the past just to boost the message and as a friendly reminder for those that it may have slipped past that it is now only 2 weeks away. That would be great Tongue

I will update itinerary here in next day or so plus other show updates such as there is an AMX to cheer on at the track day on Friday etc. Watch this space Tongue

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/04/2018 at 12:03am
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2018 at 10:09am
Save me a poster if there is any leftovers , see everyone in a few weeks

Doug

Home of the MAD MAX
Mad max # 15
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2018 at 12:27am
Commemorative dash plaques are in the building:

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2018 at 5:43pm

2018 5th Australian annual AMC/Rambler show itinerary and information

Below is a basic itinerary and information about what is looking to be one of the best AMC weekends away ever. Many even make a week holiday of it with cars starting to rock up on the Tuesday arvo and many don’t leave until the Tuesday morning with plenty coming and going in between. Some owners really make a great holiday of it away with their cars, partners, mates and kids. You can choose to do all of the below or none of the below and just relax or cruise around and explore the local area at your leisure and then all congregate at the show on the Sunday Tongue 

Friday 16th March

9am Scrutineering at driving event at Logic Centre racetrack Barnawartha about 10 minutes south of Wodonga. One AMX is entered to do some laps in anger

10am Lap Sprints begin- hear the AMX roar!!

1pm Go to Whoa

6pm-8pm-ish Early check-in at the show venue at Gateway Lakes (food and drinks available) This is a show within itself with about 300 cars coming and going and a great time to have a first catch up and meet and greet

There is plenty of street cruising after this but the main cruising night is the saturday night

Saturday 17th March

8am gates open for our AMC's

9am Judging begins and goes until 1pm

1pm Check in on the Saturday closes but ask for me if you rock up later

2pm Lots of cars leave for a cruise to the old Ettamogah pub for lunch with a photo shoot of the Spotlight Chryslers AND a pre-lim Javelin/AMX photo shoot on the grass oval behind pub for those that want to. There will be a main photo shoot at 11am on the Sunday at the gateway lakes main show venue where ALL the Javelin/AMX's ALL lined up will be up for some once in a lifetime photo's so dont worry if you miss the Ettamogah photo shoot.

4pm Supercruise around the local area for those that want to take in the local area ie Hume dam etc which ends at the SS&A club

6pm Special AMC owners dinner at the SS&A club. Plenty of parking at this venue. Dianne Wilson is organising this and you can reach her on 0434370045 or email diannewilson@optusnet.com.au

I think near 40 AMC owners and their partners are already booked in for this. Will be great to relax and have a chat with many other AMC owners  

For those after a bit more fun after the dinner there is some great family orientated cruising from dusk til late. Wodonga Place is a street is lined with spectators (very family freindly atmosphere) and the streets full of cars of all persuasions so lets show them what we have got AMC in American Graffiti style under lights. No drag racing. Only becuase we already know we would win Tongue

We have visitors from WA, NZ etc that will be without cars who would love to cruise around in your AMC if you have some spare seats. You might be able to work out pick up points during the saturday or they could just hail you down at the Wodonga place traffic lights and jump in for a lap or two then onto the next AMC for some more laps in true American Graffiti style

Sunday 18th March

7.30am Gates open to bring your cars in for what will be the largest ever gathering of Javelin/AMX's EVER in Australia. We are looking like we will have the most AMC’s all up EVER in Australia too with 51 booked in so far which is on par with the record. Plus there is many that on top of this are still thinking about it

11am Check in closes but please get the gate keepers to contact me if you are later then this. Remember while pre-entry isn’t mandatory it just helps me A LOT from this end. You can just rock up and enter your car on the spur of the moment anytime within the given times over the weekend

2pm Trophy presentation which includes 8 trophies provided by the Australian AMC/Rambler club and Rambler Spares (Steve Fripp)

5pm gates locked and show over for another year Cry

Lots of people hang around until at least the Monday. Which is a great idea to just sit and relax and let the whole weekend sink in as an awesome enduring memory.

Also Steve Fripp from Rambler Spares is providing the special commemorative dash plaques for ALL AMC vehicles that roll through the gate on the weekend (photo above). This will be a lasting souvenir to remember your time at what is looking like the largest ever AMC gathering. Rambler Spares will also be providing 5 of the trophies that all AMC's will be in the running for whether they entered for a trophy or not. If you tick the judging box on the entry form then you are in the running for "Best AMC/Rambler' at the show and second and third. But all AMC's will be in the running for #Best 50th anniversary Javelin/AMX, #Best original AMC, #Best Modified AMC, Longest distance award, #Crowd fave/peoples choice. These will be presented at the main trophy ceremony on the Sunday at 2pm

Steve can be contacted on 0477090874 in reagrds to any parts you may need or want him to bring down. Steve has been near run off his feet finding parts for owners trying to get their cars ready for the show. If you need anything no matter how big or small it is worth asking because if he doesnt have it he may know where to find it. Please remember Steve does have a day job so be patient if he is unable to ring you back the same day. Also Steve can bring down any parts you wish to purchase or even just to inspect before you buy.

And for those thinking of bringing kids

FREE entry for under 16

FREE kids rides

FREE face painting

BOTH DAYS, ALL DAY, FREE

Which is great for keeping the kids amused if you bring them

#Over 550 cars are already pre-entered (still with a week and a half to go) all up for the show with an estimated 800 cars going to be in attendance!!! Cementing itself as the largest Chrysler show outside of North America

#Upon entry in your vehicle over the weekend you will receive an info sheet from me (itinery, dinner details etc) plus your commemorative dash plaque.

#We have 51 AMC’s booked in and at least another dozen maybe’s. On top of these there are a few others that really arnt sure due to distance, even from Melbourne. I reckon nothing better then cruising up the highway in an old car, radio blaring and all windows open. Plus these cars were made for travel and touring and not just shopping trips. Have a weekend away and enjoy your car, enjoy being with other AMC owners and above all you will enjoy yourself and your relaxing and/or adventure away. Its not just a “park your car in a paddock” car show. The whole weekend, and experience, is a whole lot more then that J

If you have any old AMC newsletters or magazines you no longer want or read etc bring them up to leave on the tables for people to read and even take with them to enjoy. There are many new to AMC owners coming and they would love some of these to read and’or take home

There is a Chrysler Show facebook site- 

https://www.facebook.com/pg/chryslersonthemurrayofficial/posts/

We had a big walk around last night at the venue and after some chit chat we have secured a whole block of land for ourselves on the other side of the main entrance road from where were. ALL OURS! J. This is great on so many fronts. This year especially as we can literally line the Javelin/AMX’s ALONG the road as people walk in! The main tent has been entered into the main food court but we will still have our own tent but will be a bit smaller however it is JUST for us AMC owners and Steve Fripps NOS parts display stand. There is plenty of room for 60 AMC’s and there is also some shade trees. If anyone is bringing a gazebo I will ask that we line them up as a follow on from the AMC tent and away from the cars. Purely to keep things clear and to enhance the photo opportunities for everyone this year especially

Any questions please ask here and please spread any of the above info far and wide and/or direct them to this forum to read updates as they come to hand over the next week and a half

Cant Wait!!!

And

Wow, how good is this going to look! The Javelin/AMX full “bonnets down” photo session from 11am to midday on the Sunday for people and journalists alike to get some once in a lifetime photo’s of a full row of around 22 Javelin/AMX’s all lined up. The most EVER seen together in Australia. That’s one sight anyone won’t want to miss.

I think thats about all

And I have trouble getting around to talk to everyone when there was 20 to 30 cars so with 60 cars maybe a little difficult but i do want to get around and have a chat with you all. Maybe people will need to make appointments with me like a doctor LOL

"So, tell me when did you first realise you had an AMC problem?......" LOL

Great fun

See you soon,jase Tongue 

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/07/2018 at 6:09pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2018 at 3:56am
Smile 1 WEEK TO GO! Smile

And looking at 7 day forecast. PERFECT! Tongue
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2018 at 3:52am
Colin Main kindly sent up a heap of old Australian/AMC Rambler club newsletters for us all to read. I will leave these on the tables in the AMC tent for all. Feel free to take any of them home at the end of the weekend too. Thanks mate Smile

While we have over 50 cars coming and it is going to be a great AMC weekend there is still no Pacers, Gremlins, Marlins, Spirits, 50's or early 60's AM cars, or AMC Eagles, Hudson's, NASH's or ANY AMC wagons on the radar at all and it would be great to represent most, if not all, of the AMC models at what is shaping up to be such an big weekend for the marque. If you know somebody with one of these AMC's it would be great if you could encourage them to bring it (drive, trailer etc) so they and the car can be a part of this great weekend. Plus anymore of any AMC would be great. The more the merrier. I would hate to hear someone say they wished they brought their car this year during or after the weekend

There is near 600 cars booked in already (Chryslers, AMC's, Hillmans, some early Chrysler/Mitsubishi's plus many other Chrysler related vehicles) with the outlook for over 800!

See you all soon Smile

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/13/2018 at 4:49pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 12:33am
Wow. I can confirm we have the ex Gas Monkey Gremlin X attending on the sunday Smile plus there is possibly another surprise or two but i cant confirm yet

See you all soon

Please I dont want to hear anyone mutter "I wish i had of gone to the show" or "I wish i had of brought my car along". Avoid your OWN disappointment and come and enjoy what will be an awesome weekend, holiday or whatever you make of it with your AMC and many other AMC owners

I dont know if I can hold on for another 3 days Tongue

And i saw the first of the Chrysler's in town today. A new Dodge Challenger. Shiny red one from South Australia and a couple of Aussie Chargers Smile

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/14/2018 at 1:05am
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 2:02am
Jss, the weekend is going to be massive !!!
I will be watching all social media to pick up on the vibe and see everything beautiful on 4 wheels.

The Queensland crew will be itching to hit the road about now.

sadly, it wasn't meant to be for me this year.
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 3:05am
I'll be checking out that Gremlin in detail. I do wish I could bring a car (LOL) but will have to make do with a plane ride over for the show.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
  Share Topic