TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2018 at 10:53pm
Thanks Jason for the updates on the event.

Emailed my entry form away today ............
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2018 at 6:39pm
A lot of people are looking forward to saying they have seen and stood next to a genuine SC/360 in Australia Smile

I think that makes 11 Javelin/AMX's, 3 Hornets, 1 Matador X, 1 Ambassodor officially pre-entered so far which is an amazing tally 2 months out. Knowing the cars and owners that have said they are coming we are still on track for over 50. Even the Chrysler guys were saying there is near 300 pre-entries so far which is about 100 more then normally this time of year as most of the 700plus entries arrive in last few weeks 

Dont forget if you enter before march 5 it is a little cheaper. Post entries are certainly still accepted after this. And on site entries are accepted literally right up until about 11.30 on the sunday of the show. If you rock up from Melbourne or wherever, on a spur of the moment dont want to miss out on what might be a once in a lifetime AMC gathering trip,after 11.30am sunday just let gate guys know to contact me and we will get you in as a later booking

The show. The people. The cars. The saturday and sunday night cruising. The whole weekend atmosphere

I cant wait Smile

Edited by 70Hornet - Jan/23/2018 at 6:42pm
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2018 at 9:47pm
Looking forward to it.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2018 at 4:16pm
We have some visitors from afar coming as well this year who will be great to chat to in person. 

Western Red is flying over from WA. Western Red many of you know well from this forum and has a wealth of knowledge especially about Javelins etc. 

I think I heard Bob Tiedke is coming over again this year which is great as i didnt get to talk to him much last year. Bob is the president of the WA AMC club. 

Doug and Faye from NZ have been rumoured to be coming over for a visit (just awaiting confirmation). Doug owns 2 of our Australian AMX's one of which is most famously referred to as the Mad Max AMX. Unfortunately Doug is unable to bring the Mad Max AMX over this year but it will still be great to chat again with him and Faye as he has had an association with the AMX's and Javelins for a long time.

Wayne Williams who runs the Australian Hornet registry is also paying us a visit. Wayne's work on finding the remaining Australian Hornets and the information they have been providing in relation to production numbers and changes is amazing. There is an article on Wayne and his cars in the latest edition of Retro Auto's on-line magazine out soon which you will be able to access through the Shannons website. If you have a Hornet Wayne would love to see it and photo and document it whether Australian or import. Also Wayne will be able to help with any advice on what was originally on your Hornet or not etc  

Just a side note while I do my best to report what cars and visitors are coming, ultimately it is out of my control the final number of cars/visitors who attend. I literally have had over 60 people indicate they are coming with their cars but I talked to 3 owners recently and one his wife is in hospital with cancer sadly with no signs of recovery, one himself has cancer, not too serious yet, and another has an ailment that is also threatening stopping him permanently in his tracks. I wish all these people well and our thoughts are, and will be with you at the show. I guess what I am feeling is make the most of the time we all have because one day we are going to wake up and our world will be upside down. I wish my Hornet was going so i could go for a drive! Tongue (it will be at the show as a undercoated rolling shell)

Take care of yourselves everyone so we can all get together and celebrate the good things in life each year (ie AMC's and our freindships) and also preserve the knowledge and the cars and the lifestyle we so love
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2018 at 4:45pm
Health issues are certainly a worry for a lot of us as we get older.

I'm still holding out for a lotto win so that I can bring a car over, but will certainly be there in person, maybe I should start a go-fund-me campaign to ship a car over Wink

For anybody else from interstate, the F1's, V8's and GT's will be at Albert Park the following weekend and I am hanging around for that, just have to find something to entertain myself with during the week.

Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2018 at 8:28pm
Yes, sadly I have seen too many work colleagues fall off the perch at younger ages than myself. The strong message is don't put things off for too long if they are on your bucket list. Nothing beats good health.

I am coming solo to CotM, so Jason if you need a ride for the cruise events, there is a spare seat in the front of my Hornet mate.

Cheers
Craig.
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2018 at 1:22am
Officially pre-entered as of a week ago

4 Hornets
7 Javelins
4 AMX's
1 Matador X
2 Ambassodorres

With plenty more to go! Wink I think this is the most pre-entered AMC's yet before the show. And there is still 6 weeks to go! Awesome Smile

Keep the pre-entries rolling in as it helps me a LOT from this end Smile 
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2018 at 9:22pm
Remind me to give you some photo hosting training while I'm there.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2018 at 3:56pm
ha yeah for sure. That would be great Smile
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2018 at 10:00pm
I was talking to Steve Fripp the other day and he is gearing up for the show and sorting through what parts to bring down. As you may be aware Steve has the remaining New, NOS, 2nd hand and recoed AMC/Rambler stock from the old Mascot Motors that resided in the Sydney area serving the Australian, and beyond, AMC community for many years. If you ring Steve he may be able to locate the part you are after and bring it down for you to the show saving you postage which is perfect especially on the larger items. His number is 0477090874 which co-incidentally is the number on the bottom of the 5th annual AMC/Rambler show poster. I am looking forward to see what amazing NOS surprises he brings down this year Smile

You will be surprised at what he has. NOS windows, panels, stainless plus much much more for most models. Many items i have never even seen advertised in the US and here they are in our backyard Smile. Give him a try no matter what you are after big or small

Edited by 70Hornet - Feb/05/2018 at 10:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
  Share Topic