TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2017 at 2:12am
Still near 6 months away and already 107 entries with 4 of those AMC's. 2 Hornets, Ambassador and an AMX. If possible would be great if AMC owners can pre-enter so I know how much space I can steal. But by all means you are able to enter anytime right up to near midday on the Sunday of the show so no dramas with last minute decisions to attend. Pre-entering mainly helps from my end

Edited by 70Hornet - Sep/28/2017 at 2:15am
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2017 at 3:59am
Retro Auto magazine that is one of the better magazines around these days (this one on-line only) has an article on the Hornet's featuring one of the nicest original Australian assembled Hornets left in Australia. This car will be at next years show for everyone to have a look at. 

https://www.shannons.com.au/club/news/retroautos-october-2017-exclusive-ford-ltd-prototypes-plus-67-valiant-v870horne/

and click "View Magazine"

David will be doing a few AMC's over the course of the next 18months

If possible leave some comments about the article. The more people that do the more they will see the interest in AMC's. It will only take you a minute to do and Shannons use comments to gauge what they will keep doing or avoid. lets show them AMC's really are an important part of the Australian landscape Smile  
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2017 at 7:27pm
Hi everyone. Just a quick request. I have literally run out of the AMC poster (I have 5 left earmarked for people) and I have a few people asking for copies. If you have spare copies (IE received one from club as well as from me etc) don't throw it out and if you can you bring them to the show and we can get a copy to most people that want one then. I still have plenty of the COTM one though with the red/white/blue Javelin on it

Also if you have any old AMC club newsletters etc you no longer need or want feel free to bring them and we will leave them on the tables for people to read. Please be aware though that they may go missing

Haven't heard if anymore AMC's have pre-entered yet. I think maybe one more Hornet did

Gotta love Spring in Australia. You know its the start of a 6month car season Smile
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2017 at 7:26am
Spy shot.

Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2017 at 12:15am
show stopper !! Looking forward to seeing that one soon ............
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2017 at 7:32pm
Darren Davis's Javelin got some good coverage on the news as part of the Leukaemia Foundation Muscle Car Run:

Looking forward to seeing the car at the show in 2018.

PS: I should have booked plane tickets a couple of weeks ago, they have jumped by $50.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2017 at 7:56am
Thats a true traffic stopper that car. And from what I hear a traffic cop stopper too, say no more. I only just missed him flying past near where I live in Albury the next afternoon after they left Sydney. Unfortunately the Javelin had dizzy troubles at Canberra so was stuck there for a few hours along with another 4 of the muscle cars out of the 40 that are in the event. We tried to chase up a dizzy but the electricians got the big banger going but he missed the Albury stopover for everyone to have a look at the cars. Hope his adventures have been a bit smoother since the dizzy issue and I look forward to seeing the car and hearing of how the rest of the run went. I think they finish in Adelaide? for anyone over there interested in having a look

Another interesting car that will be at the 2018 show next year is a beautiful mint black 78 AMX Concord. I bet very few people have ever stood next to one of them in Australia. This was a one year only model for the Concord I think and then the AMX name transferred over to the Spirit until about 83? Will be another great addition to the show to help celebrate the Javelin and AMX's as the AMX name didnt end with the desirable 68/69/70 models by any means. I hear there is possibly an AMX Spirit or 2 in Australia. Would be great to get one of the last AMX badged AMC's to the show. If you know who they are would be great if you could ask them   

With still 4 1/2 months to go there is about 170 Chrysler's and 8 AMC's booked in so far. If you could pre enter your AMC that would be great from my end so I can sort out space and arrangement requirements

Hope everyone out there having some fun with their AMC's Smile

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2017 at 6:49pm
Also a very early first production "AM General" Hummvee/Hummer will be at the show. It is a genuine US Marines vehicle.  AMC fully designed and manufactured the prototypes and won the contract to build the Hummers but had to sell off the manufacturing rights due to the stake Renault had in AMC. The US military didnt allow foreign powers to be involved in military equipment production. The Humvee/Hummer however is AMC through and through all but when it was manufactured. Will be a great addition to the show seeing a genuine US Marines "American Motors General" still in its working clothes at the show.

Some more little surprises coming :-)
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2017 at 1:38am
Garry Murphy from the QLD AMC club is cruising down from QLD with a convoy of possibly around 12 cars from QLD and Northern NSW. Garry is one of the most enthusiastic AMC owners we know and is very active with all the AMC cars and owners up that way getting everyone and their cars out regularly for cruises around the state. Many of us are looking forward to meeting him in person and it will be great for all AMC owners next year as there will be AMC cars/owners from QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, SA and visitors from WA, Tas. Maybe even a car from NZ and definately some visitors from over the ditch. I havnt heard of anybody from NT yet but you never know. If you are from NT and are thinking of coming let me know  Smile

Anyone interested from QLD or Northern NSW (or even North coast/Newcastle/Sydney etc) in joining Garry's convoy as they make their way down the coast feel free to contact him on 0407209160 for details. On their way down they will be stopping in at Len Pendlebury's car museum in Sydney which focuses on mainly AMC's with many interesting cars you wont see anywhere else in Australia. 

Please remember if you can pre-enter your AMC as soon as you can please do. Helps me from this side with my organising. If you need a form PM me and I can send you one. I have no AMC specific one's left with the red Javelin on them and they almost turning into a collectors item already lol

Looking forward to celebrating all things AMC next year with cars and owners from all over

Smile

Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2017 at 6:18am
I'm thinking about coming along next year, just cruised in on the Sunday when I attended in 2014. Is this still ok? Can't really pre book because I work in the events industry and don't know what can come up between now and then
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
  Share Topic