TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2017 at 4:42am
70Hornet, It's been a crazy 12 months ! This time last year I was pleading with the bank manager to approve my loan before the car was sold to someone else. Now I am diving deep into my pocket again to get it repaired after being rail-roaded by the shipping broker after the accident..... and I'm still waiting for the settlement payout that I reluctantly agreed to weeks ago.

Enough of my whinging, fully focused now on getting the Hornet repaired and everything sound so I can drive it down to the Murray in March 2018.
It went in to start the rebuild last week and scheduled to be there for 12 weeks. If everything goes as planned I will be there for the Rambler Bonanza .............

I have been out of the loop for over 25 Years, having sold my first Hornet back in the early 90's. The local Rambler club had fallen apart after some infighting so I didn't really know how much interest was still out there for the brand when I started to consider my old Hornet fantasy, in more recent times. What a pleasant surprise that the interest in Ramblers is still strong ....... and such dedicated people devoting their time to this make of car. Certainly helped me out heaps when things went pear shape.

Looking forward to seeing Wayne's AMX and all the other treasures coming along in March 2018

Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2017 at 4:48am
And I also look forward to getting pics of the SC when it's not on the back of a truck ................
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2017 at 9:31pm
I certainly wouldn't wish what has happened on anyone and you certainly will have some stories for the grandkids about the SC/360's adventures

Hopefully next year as you are cruising around American Graffiti style at the AMC/Rambler show in Albury/Wodonga on a mild Saturday night admiring other cool cars and being admired by the multitude of people who line the streets and then relaxing and mixing with many other AMC owners and interested spectators at the show on the Sunday as people take in a genuine SC/360 on Australian soil it will all be forgotten and well worth it

Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2017 at 2:57am
lol........... you paint a lovely picture that I just have to be a part of !!
Yes, all the frustration (but maybe not the expense) will be in the past if I am part of the cruise and the Sunday display in Albury/Wodonga. It will be an epic week, as the long haul cruise both ways will be a fantastic spectacle, if we can get a good assortment of cars involved and driving down from QLD. I dare say we might educate a few motoring enthusiasts along the way ,, A modern day crusade
My brother and I have another project we hope to have done and down at CotM in 2019. Not a Rambler but a 68 Dodge Charger. ,,,,,,,,,, every chance the SC/360 will drag it off though
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2017 at 2:54am
My apologies Western Red the final poster is pretty much the one you put up. I have the printed copies now in front of me. The circus tent is still there but says 26th annual on it. The final copy I saw the other day had a nicer background I reckon. Anyhow we got a pretty cool Javelin on the poster which as another Spring season surprise is similar to a street driven replica one we will have at the show next year. Stay tuned :-)
[/QUOTE]

Edited by 70Hornet - Sep/07/2017 at 3:36am
Legendmusclecars View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendmusclecars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2017 at 8:35pm
I'm super pumped Jason - can't wait to bring the Javelin down for this show!

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2017 at 3:54pm
Hi mate. I am 90% sure I know who this is. Welcome to the forum and we look forward to possibly some "sneak peek" photo's of your Javelin down the track   
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2017 at 6:18pm
Entry forms/posters will be sent out via clubs/registers and if I have your mail address soon. If you haven't received one by the end of November please let me know

Feel free to splash any, and all, information and the posters etc on your facebook pages, other forums, club newsletters, text your friends and also talk with any AMC owners you know that may not be aware of the show. If you want a spare copy of the posters/entry forms to hand to an AMC owner up the road you haven't talked to before please me know. The more owners we can find the better. There is still plenty that haven't heard of the show and if we can all band together it can only benefit us all in helping preserve these cars for many years to come.

Also if you can pre-enter this year that would be great. We literally are expecting 60 AMC's so it will be good to gauge space requirements leading up to the weekend

Jason   
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2017 at 6:35pm
This is by no means the full list but below is cars that have a better then 75% chance of attending. There is a fair few not on list that are 50/50 etc too

Approx list;
Javelin/AMX 21
Rebel 2
Matador 3 (one a hearse)
Matador X 2
Gremlin Nil so far (hoping to get the yellow gremlin again)
Pacer 2
Jeep 4
Nash 2
Hudson 1
Hornet 9
Classic 6
American 2
Ambassadors 2
Post 1977 AMC Nil so far
50's Rambler nil so far- would love to have a few early Ramblers
Marlin Nil so far

Plus possibly 10 or so cars from QLD club which would be great to see

Any clubs/registers attending feel free to set up a club display etc to show off who you are to everyone

Edited by 70Hornet - Sep/11/2017 at 6:45pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2017 at 3:44pm
Correct me if I am wrong. But.....

TongueHappy 50th BirthdayTongue

American Motors

Javelin

Party

Officially released to the public today all them years ago and still going strong

Hopefully with some energy and enthusiasm from today's custodians to pass on some of the interest we have in you, you can be around in another 50years for a whole other type of world and generation

And hopefully your owners do that one little repair, or a bit of maintenance/cleaning for you today

Happy Birthday Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic