TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2017 at 9:37pm
Yeah the 50th Javelin/AMX anniversary poster did come out good and are printed on a good quality medium. These are a limited edition item of 250 copies but at this stage I don't know if there will be spares as I am waiting for the other main show poster to come out (which has some Aussie Chryslers and a hump guard Javelin and have about 5000 printed copies) which will then be sent together to AMC/Rambler owners throughout Australia. Like the Rebel Machine 2017 edition poster this year (which was only 200 copies)they do get distributed well. I will let you know if any left but who knows someone may offer one to you or someone may put one on ebay for the collectors

Edited by 70Hornet - Aug/22/2017 at 9:42pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 11:56pm
Hi everyone. 1st day of spring!!! It has been a long time coming here in Albury but the cold still not quite over yet.

Entry forms are getting printed this week and I will have a copy up here on the forum very soon and start sending them out to clubs, registers and individuals.

Some other great news is the last Aussie built AMX #24 should be at the show here next March in the hands of its new owners who are looking at bringing it all the way from north QLD for us all to see and appreciate. So few of us got to see it when it was in our own backyard so will be great to see this car out and about for us all to see. Australia's most original AMX of the 24 that were made is in real good hands will enjoy a nice life up there in QLD. This will make 7 AMX's potentially being at the show so far which would be easily an Australian record I would think? Cant wait    along with about 13 javelins so far and a multitude of other AMC's looking at taking part the show looks set to be the biggest ever held in Australia to help celebrate 50 years of the Javelin and AMX

Stay tuned for some more exciting news soon

Edited by 70Hornet - Sep/01/2017 at 12:20am
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2017 at 2:28am
Well that's a bit of news since the previous owner (maybe family) had it since new.

Will have to follow up on the enquiry I made about trucking cars over from the west coast, not that I hold out much hope of being able to afford it.

PS: I did see the main show poster, but can't remember where it popped up now.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2017 at 3:31am
There was a copy of the COTM poster that got snuck out but I don't think it was the final version and had some peculiar background etc

Sometimes its fairly cheap to bring a car over from WA I think as some trucks are coming or going empty and need a load. The bloke over the road works for a truck mob who does East to West so I might ask him to see what we can do
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2017 at 4:44pm
Although the weather is still terrible here in Albury I do love spring! Spring is full of fresh surprises and here's one of them. A lot of you know about the Australian #15 AMX that has a mythological stature in that it was possibly mocked up and considered as one of the yellow/blue/red MFP cars in the original Mad Max movie by Kennedy/Miller to help with the 'futuristic' look. Ultimately an AMX didn't appear in the movie (a Hornet did though!) due to costs and the local XB sedans were used. The car was reverted back to road use and on sold. Whether the story is true or not (and there is no concrete evidence to suggest either way as yet) the car itself has gained a massive following and, although they may not have known about the car, Johnny Lightning did do a 1/64 scale of the car.

Doug from NZ bought the car from Australia (#15 of the rare 1 of only 24 AMX's built in Australia) in a poor state and has near finished it to what it was reputed to almost be. The full resurrection of this mythical beast, with the generous help of Summit parts, is nothing short of amazing. Some photo's appear on another thread of this forum. Doug is holding out only showing small teaser photo's but it is now nearing completion

Well now for the fresh Spring season news, although not guaranteed at this stage, that car may make an appearance over in Australia at the 5th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show in March to help celebrate 50 years of Javelin and AMX. There may be no less then 4 Australian AMX's (and possibly another unrestored one from QLD on a trailer towed by a Javelin!!!)) and another 4 US one's if all goes to plan. Doug may need some assistance to help this become a reality so stay tuned to see if you may be able to help

Not only AMC enthusiasts, but Mad Max fans as well, will certainly flock for a once in a lifetime chance to see this mythical car

Great stuff!!!!

And stay tuned for some more exciting news soon

Edited by 70Hornet - Sep/03/2017 at 5:39pm
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2017 at 5:04pm
That is exciting news. Here is that other poster that popped up:

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2017 at 5:06pm
The final version due out literally any minute is similar but hasn't got the circus tent background etc.

Also see that Javelin on the poster? Well some more fresh Spring season news coming soon!!!!!

Edited by 70Hornet - Sep/03/2017 at 5:09pm
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2017 at 3:27am
Well done mate, this is coming along nicely !!
I know the QLD crew are starting to get excited
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2017 at 3:52am
Yeah its looking like we will have some special cars here next year (All AMC's are special and rare in my books). I hope your SC/360 Hornet works out in the end and you are able to bring it down adding another ultra special AMC for the show. I do read your other thread but for this thread what are the chances of Australia's only genuine SC/360 making it next March? You don't need to say if you don't want to. Many would love to see it here but we are all aware of the hassles you have had and its a real shame the shipping company stuffed you around so much with compensation to help get it fixed.

Edited by 70Hornet - Sep/04/2017 at 4:08am
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2017 at 6:54pm
There is a beaut half page photo of Wayne Dennis's black AMX at this years 4th annual show in issue 40 of Chrysler Action on newsstands at the moment. Wayne's AMX is nothing short of amazing and photo's don't do it justice. Wayne and his Black Beauty will be at next years show again for all to see. Wayne drives this car very regularly which is great to see
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
  Share Topic