TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 4th OZ AMC/Rambler show 2017 & 50years AMC Rebel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

4th OZ AMC/Rambler show 2017 & 50years AMC Rebel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2017 at 2:20am
DAY 3
Main event- 4th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show 2017

ff        

Quick pre show story- 5am rise and shine!!!! I like to arrive down at the venue at 6am to set-up, clean up a bit from yesterday and sort any other things out here and there. Anyhow always things to do. I drove down in my normal daily car and my father in law not far behind me in his Plymouth Volare all cleaned up for the show. As far as we know the only factory T-top Plymouth Volare in Australia. Anyhow I am almost at Gateway lakes when I get a call from Pete (father in law). ""Jase I've had an accident"". He told me where he thought he was so I fly back up the freeway looking over the other side for his car when I see a white flash. There in the nature strip in the middle of the freeway is a rare as rocking horse poo Plymouth Volare buried deep in the shrubs that divide the two directions. I swung straight around and drove the wrong way along the highway (it was dark and very few cars around) and pulled up where the car was. Pete wasnt out of the car and was a bit shocked. He had clipped a dead Kangaroo which catapulted him into the shrubs. He has hit a larger trunk which flicked him 180 back onto road and back into bush to do some more deforestation. We just got him out (thanks to NO help from ANYONE driving past) and drove car to the show. I told him to leave all the tree branches and stuff in back seat and walk away and enjoy the day as he was intending to do. He did and car is now in a panel beaters in Wagga getting assessed. At this stage it will make a full recovery. SmilePete is aok too

Which now brings us to the main part of the show.............

The main day broke ALL records for the Chrysler show and easily cemented itself as THE largest Chrysler show outside of North America.

741 cars all up with 22 of these being AMC's

While the weeks leading up to the show from car owners I was expecting around 32 cars a few had to pull out with other commitments and car troubles. In the end we had 22 amazing AMC's of all sorts. The variety is what made the smaller number insignificant. We had

1 American

1 64 Ambassador sedan

3 Javelins

2 AMX's

4 JEEPS

1 Nash Metropolitan

4 Classic's (including a rare AMI hardtop)

2 Hornet's

1 55 Hudson Hornet

1 82 Concord wagon

1 Matador X coupe

1 AMI Rebel

I will do a quick story on each of these over the next week or so. Including a story on Graham's Javelin and the NASH going head to head on the dyno. And, even though the show isn't about trophies unless you want it to be, right at the end I will reveal who came 1st/2nd and 3rd for the 4th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show

TongueSTAY TUNEDTongue

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/24/2017 at 6:59pm
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2017 at 2:32am
Not a pretty sight:

Hopefully it can be repaired as good as new.

Edited by WesternRed - Mar/24/2017 at 7:53am
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2017 at 2:48am
That is my father in laws Plymouth Volare T-Top in photo above. Almost looks OK in that photo but side damage is fairly extensive. The car has been in Australia since new having been imported and converted to RHD by a "high up" US fella so his wife had something to do the shopping in. It is near all original but the maroon stripes have been added at some stage. I put the "Caution" tape with "Roo's" (IE Kangaroo's) after each word to help lighten Pete up. I think it worked. He is still talking to his son in law so it didnt go the other way anyhow Tongue

Graham Stevenson laughs in the face of mechanical danger

More on the Javelin/NASH shoot-out soon Smile
Was great to see 2 AMC's having a crack on the dyno
And as you can see from photo above the owners had a ball

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/24/2017 at 8:00pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2017 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Mostly last. Mostly last. wrote:

Just got home from Chryslers on the Murray.
5,911 km since we left home ( Near Cairns, Nth QLD ) early Friday morning.
Was it worth it ?
Yes, definately. Co-pilot and I have never been to a big car show like that.
Thanks to all the friendly AMC people we met and asked questions about their cars.
Learnt alot. Will be back. John.

Hi John. Yeah it was a pleasure to meet you guys and glad to hear you enjoyed your time at the show. Sorry I don't get to chat to much as I do have a bit to do over the course of the show. I really enjoy doing it though and I do get great satisfaction from hearing about people like yourself who also had a good time and most of all were able to meet some like minded AMC owners and swap stories and ideas and look at some other AMC's which are a rare sight wherever you go. Who knows maybe one day we will see your Hornet in the metal down here at the show.

Take care and maybe catch up again next year
Jason Smile
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2017 at 6:58pm
4th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show 2017
 22 car salute starts here Tongue

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/27/2017 at 4:52am
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 4:51am
Car 1 of 22- Australian built Rambler American

Will put more info up on cars soon
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 4:56am
Car 2 of 22- Australian built 1982 Jeep

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 4:57am
Car 3 of 22- Australian built 1970 Javelin

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 4:59am
Car 4 of 22- Australian built 1966 Classic

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:01am
Car 5 of 22- US 1982 AMC Concord wagon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic