TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 4th OZ AMC/Rambler show 2017 & 50years AMC Rebel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

4th OZ AMC/Rambler show 2017 & 50years AMC Rebel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2016 at 12:40am
Sounds good, any show is better than no show, hopefully next year will be even bigger and better.
74gremx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74gremx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2016 at 3:50am
Looks and sounds fine !

(But get rid of the apostrophe in Rebel's)
1970 Javelin 360/727
1974 Levis Gremlin X 304/904
1964 American Convertible
1974 Matador wagon (parts)
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado
"Don't mistake activity for achievement".

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2016 at 4:51am

4th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show 

celebrating
50 years of AMC Rebel 
(1967 to 2017)

and also celebrating
 25 years of Chryslers on the Murray

March 17/18/19 2017

More details in the coming months
Put it in your calender Smile
This is going to be big!
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2016 at 6:08pm
Jason's Hornet enjoying a little time in the sun yesterday.

Better get cracking mate, you only have a year to get it ready for the show. Not sure why you didn't bring it this year, I always enjoy seeing project cars at shows.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2016 at 10:15pm
I am quietly confident I will have it finished for the show next year. I cant' wait to drive it again. It has been over 20 years since I have driven this car on the road.
I think even if it isnt totally finished I will bring it down to the show in 'as is' condition. I nearly did take it down this year and I was going to put a sign on the window "DIDN"T QUITE MAKE IT!" or "THE NIGHT BEFORE JUST WASN"T LONG ENOUGH!" LOL
I have been trial fitting all the replacement panels. That is a NOS right hand guard I got from Jeff Fripp etc. The car should scrub up aok. The only major issues are left hand rear guard that the previuos owner before I bought it back in 2004 done to it when they were bush bashing it and side swiped a stump. And there is some rust in the top of the 'A' pillars I have to cut out but not too bad.
Cant wait!! Smile And it will be doing some miles when I do get it going as I want to take it to Colin's Flemington show, Bright Rod run, my mate who is helping with the panel and paint wants me to take it to the Summernats which I have never been too, and I wouldnt mind even having an adventure over to WA in it once any mechanical "Gremlins" are shoo'd off

Edited by 70Hornet - Apr/05/2016 at 10:18pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2016 at 1:40am
Hi everyone. I have seen a draft of the poster for next years show and it isnt too bad. I have been able to get a Rebel Machine onto the poster but I am not 100% happy with the way the artist done the roof although overall looks pretty good Smile We should have a limited edition poster just for the 4th annual AMC Rambler show all going well but I havnt seen if that is getting done as yet.

Also totally unrelated to AMC's the below facebook page (24th July post) has a little bit about me and my oldman who have both been accepted to take our Mini's to the 50th anniversary of the little bricks winning the big race at Bathurst in 1966

Hope everyone is well

Jason (70Hornet) Smile
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2016 at 6:07pm
Half way to the next show already, amazing how time flies.

It's been pretty quiet here on the forum, good to see you are still plugging away with the project.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2016 at 4:27pm

THIS WEEKEND!

Sunday 28th August
AMC/Rambler Federation Square Melbourne Showcase
10.30am to 3pm

Some of this countries finest AMC 2 door cars on display for all to see.
There is possibly still a spot for a display car. Please PM me asap and I can put you onto Allan Briggs who is organising this great AMC event.

For anyone with half an interest in AMC's, or cars in general, this will be well worth a look. And for passers by in Melbourne on the day will be an awesome sight to see.

Another great show to showcase our often forgotten marque
SmileTongueSmileTongue

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2016 at 12:32am
After the Federation Square Show, it's time to set your targets for the AMCs On The Murray, here is the poster:

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2016 at 11:44pm
Here we go, our own special poster:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic