TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

4.5A 12V Eagle Rear Wiper Circuit Breaker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maynardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4.5A 12V Eagle Rear Wiper Circuit Breaker
    Posted: Oct/15/2018 at 6:05pm
The rear wiper on my '84 Eagle wagon stopped working. According to the owner's manual and technical service manual, there's a 4.5 amp 12 volt circuit breaker on the fuse block. I found the removed the suspect piece, but I cannot find a replacement. I've looked online, eBay, Amazon. I went to Advance Auto and Napa, but to no avail. It is stamped GTE 4.5A-12V. In black letters 3JA. Does anyone have one or know where to get one? Is there a cross-reference or different part #. Thanks in advance.

Maynard Keller

Maynard Keller

73Gremlin401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73Gremlin401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2018 at 9:51am
In my experience with Eagle rear wipers, the likelihood of the circuit breaker being the problem is just about nil. What typically happens is the wire that is routed through the left-hand hatch hinge breaks at the flex point.  If you haven't checked that, do that first.  If anything, the circuit breaker is doing it's job.
73 Gremlin 401/5-spd.
77 Matador Wagon 360/727.
81 Jeep J10 LWB 360/4-spd
83 Concord DL 4-dr 258/auto

maynardk View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maynardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2018 at 10:24am
Thanks. I will check that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic