TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

4 speed linkage...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2014 at 7:58pm
Hurst got bought out by B&M?
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2014 at 5:59am
Originally posted by purple72Gremlin purple72Gremlin wrote:

Hurst got bought out by B&M?

Not that I am aware of... But that's not the little thing that I have going...
Cat's still in the bag...
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
Snotty View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2014 at 1:11pm
I'm waiting....    
Son's car: '73 Gremlin X, 401, T-10, Mopar 8.75 rear with 3.23 sure grip. My car: '70 Newport Convertible, 440 automatic
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2014 at 1:59pm
Well... THIS SUCKS!!
The wait is going to be a while..
I did some digging the other day and I found my original Hurst instructions.
The mounting plate that came with the shifter that I purchased off of ebay is for a 69 Firebird. I just checked on one of my T-10's and the mounting plate does not fit.   
What I was planning on doing was taking this mounting plate and having a CNC shop make one, or two or three. Cat's out of the bag now!
So...
I will have to wait until I can get the transmission that's in the car out, and then we will see if I can have a few of these made.
Just makes me wonder if this shifter was really in an AMC like the seller stated in his Ebay add.
Could it be possible that a T-10 from a GM product be put in an AMC???
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Snotty View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2014 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by BrotherBamc BrotherBamc wrote:

Just makes me wonder if this shifter was really in an AMC like the seller stated in his Ebay add.
Could it be possible that a T-10 from a GM product be put in an AMC???

According to what I know, a GM T-10 would not fit without an adapter; they use a much wider bolt pattern in the bell.

The key word for eBay is the old Latin "Caveat emptor." I bought the disk-brake set-up for my Newport from a dude on epay. Supposed to be from a '73 C Body; was from a '71. The difference? Close to $600 more when I replaced the rotors and calipers. (Never use them from a junk yard car except for the core.)

Sorry you were (perhaps) screwed.
Son's car: '73 Gremlin X, 401, T-10, Mopar 8.75 rear with 3.23 sure grip. My car: '70 Newport Convertible, 440 automatic
AMXTSY View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMXTSY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2014 at 3:34pm
You might try Davids 4 Speeds located in Milwaukee Wi. www.davids4speeds.com (262)513-8331. I heard he has parts and rebuilds Hurst AMC shifters for approx. $150.00 He also works on T-10s. I've never tried him. Anyone familiar with his service? Bruce
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2014 at 4:16pm
AMC vendor Kennedy American shows a "Hurst shifter billet aluminum bracket kit part # FT381" for $45.00 in their catalog. Might be worth a call to Jeff to see what he offers.
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2014 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by scott scott wrote:

AMC vendor Kennedy American shows a "Hurst shifter billet aluminum bracket kit part # FT381" for $45.00 in their catalog. Might be worth a call to Jeff to see what he offers.

I sent Kennedy an email asking them about this part...
I never got a response but the part and number has been removed from their site..
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Snotty View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2014 at 12:23pm
As I said earlier, I keep hoping the demand for AMC parts will bring some of this stuff back. I owned a '62 New Yorker for a number of years and eventually sold it due to scarcity of parts - or the expense when I dd find them. I did not knows tat the '57-'62 Chryslers would grow in popularity; there are now more parts available for them than many of the parts I seek for the Grem, and there were far less total Chryslers made in those years than were Gremlins of '70-'78.

For instance, I paid $350 for two front drums, NOS. There were only 3 left in the country. Today they are being made and sold for less than $90 each.

With AMCs coming on I am hoping the same will eventually happen.

Here's hoping!
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2014 at 12:46pm
I did get a response from Kennedy American this morning...
He stated that this part is for original Hurst 4 speed...
Is there any difference between the "kit" that I purchased so many years ago, and an "original"??
So confused now...
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic