TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3rd annual Australian AMC/Rambler show March 2016
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

3rd annual Australian AMC/Rambler show March 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2016 at 12:17am

3rd annual Australian AMC/Rambler show 2016.Car 23 of 23

1973 Australian Matador Hearse

And lucky last. And it really would have been lucky last (or unlucky last depending how you went) for many in this car back in its heyday. People's last car cruise on the way to their final resting place. It is an Australian 1973 Matador hearse owned by Joe and Fran. It has a 360ci and they have owned it for around 11 years. Amazingly it was made from a sedan and NOT a wagon like you would think. Gordon Pendlebury who owns the 1902 Rambler at the show also owns another Matador hearse and the Madame Lash hearse that was at the 1st annual show. They think this hearse was made by the same maker as the Madame Lash hearse. I was getting low on parking space when Joe and Fran rocked up in this, not the shortest of cars, so I put them under the 'AMC Alley' street sign which worked well as Mick and George turned up in their Matador's just after so we parked them all together. Thanks for bringing the big old girl to the show Joe and Fran and hopefully we can all see it again next year Smile 
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2016 at 12:22am
And so concludes a little spiel on all the cars that were able to make it to the 3rd annual AMC/Rambler show. A big BIG BIG thank you to all that helped make it such a fun event for not only us AMC owners but for the big crowd ever present on both the saturday and sunday.

I will add bits here and there to some of the cars descriptions. If you are the owner of one of these cars and some of my details are incorrect or you would like to add something then please PM me.

Also I will be doing my "70Hornet report" in the next day or so covering the show from friday morning to sunday arvo as a whole. Stay tuned Smile
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2016 at 9:34pm
The boys in the Metro did seem to enjoy themselves, especially scaring the crap out of everybody with the loudest horn on the planet:

Few night time shots around town:

Hornet line up out at the Ettmogah pub:

Mrs Javelin View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2016 at 3:13am
Hello everyone, I would like to second what Gordon P said. Jason has done an amazing job for 3 years now and deserves our gratitude and respect for being a true AMC enthusiast. I'm not really a great traveler but it was Jason's  perseverance and enthusiasm that finally wore me down and I am so glad I made the trip this year. Three cheers Jason!!!
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2016 at 4:27am
Thanks Dianne, Mick and Gordon and all other AMC owners. One of the greatest rewards I get from doing the show is seeing owners smiling and having a good time and above all everyone meeting other AMC owners Handshake No matter what club you are with. No matter what car you have. No matter what condition it is in. No matter who you are. ALL AMC owners and enthusiasts will always be welcome. Glad you could all make it to the show and I hope i dont have to 'wear you down' as much for future shows Tongue

Just as a matter of interest, if I have done my calculations correctly, we have had at least 50 different AMC's over the 3 shows. Add to this that there is at least another 25 serious contenders who have almost made it to the show. Who knows one day if all the planets line up, 75 AMC's in the one place! Tongue

We have had;
11 x Hornets
10 x Javelins
7 x Classics
4 x Ambassodorre's
4 x Matador's
3 X Memorable shows
2 x AMX's
2 x NASH Metropolitan's
1 x Matador X
1 X Marlin
1 X Concorde
1 x American
1 x JEEP
1 x Rebel
1 X Hudson Hornet
1 X Gremlin
1 X Pacer
1 X 1902 Rambler

Love them night pics above Western Red Tongue Is there anymore? The atmosphere out and around town on the saturday night is electric

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/28/2016 at 4:35am
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2016 at 1:57pm
Yes your right Dianne , its people like you doing your thing and Jason doing his thing that makes the AMC world keeps turning and keeps people like me interested . A thousands and more thumbs up . Thank you both

Doug
Mad max # 15
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2016 at 6:50pm
I've still got my Classic Jason. I'll try to make it next year. Now I'm out in East Gippsland, so driving the Great Alpine road to get there would be fun, would be even more fun in a Hornet or smaller car.
AMCAMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2016 at 3:06am
Hi all and a big thank you to Jason for his efforts once again. I had a ball and can't wait for next year.

Thank you to whoever supplied the photos of the go to whoa & dyno. I have some go to whoa videos thanks to Darren and I'm trying to trim them in size to upload for my 10 seconds of fame even if the wind noise is the loudest. My best time was 9.96 secs which put me amongst a pack of 10 cars separated by less than a second in the that 9 to 10 sec bracket but the real fun was doing 20m burnouts up to the start line. The quickest time was 6.63 sec by a very fast Charger followed at 7.73 sec by a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a potent 6.4 litre Hemi.
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2016 at 9:58pm
Thank you all for the pics and comments on the show. Reading them makes me feel like I was there and part of the fun !!
Great to see the AMC spirit alive and well !!

I am currently in a joint partnership restoring a 1968 Dodge Charger that we would love to bring to the broader show in future years, But deep down I'm an AMC guy and working towards owning a Hornet after the Dodge is done. I really hope the Enthusiasm continues to power along with this event and I get in the thick of it in the near future.
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2016 at 10:21pm
Glad everyone is enjoying all the pics and info. If anyone else has photo's and stories about the weekend and/or the cars feel free to add more. The more the merrier.

I am going to get my 70Hornet report done one day Smile although there isnt too much else to add other then why we lost a few cars etc but i will do it soon-ish Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic