TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3rd annual Australian AMC/Rambler show March 2016
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

3rd annual Australian AMC/Rambler show March 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2016 at 5:18pm
I am really tempted to jump on a plane an come over for the weekend, would just need to bum a lift from Melbourne to Albury and find somewhere to camp.
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2016 at 7:23pm
Update, I have given into temptation and booked some flights, don't want to miss out.

If anybody has a spare seat for the ride up to Albury let me know.
mick gill View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2016 at 7:32pm
Accommodation is hard to get but at least you're there. Worry about that later.
71 Matador 360/Auto
77 HZ One Tonner 350/T400
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2016 at 10:44pm
Might be camping, not sure if the budget extends to accommodation.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2016 at 1:35pm
Hi Western red. Hope you enjoy your weekend over here. I am sure there may be someone who would like to share some accomodation out there and to cruise you around in their AMC around town. There is a list of accomodation on the back of the entry from that was mailed out with the club newsletter but there is plenty more places on top of this. Let me know if you have any trouble. Prices are not too bad around here for a room but may just take a couple of calls to find something. Will be good to meet up. Are you sure you cant sneak the Javelin in your suitcase?

Unfortunalty the Orange Australian Muscle Car feature Hornet pulled out yesterday due to some previously booked construction that had the date moved to, you guessed it, the show weekend. And the red 71 Javelin 401 from Sydney emailed this morning won a trip to Hawaii over that date so I know he would have been torn he he but he went with the poor option and is going to Hawaii Smile Just kidding mate that would be awesome. Might mate went over there and one of his memories was seeing a totally rusted out 69 Camaro sitting like it was dumpod on the side of the road and the flares of a tough Hornet coming past him one time out on the road. We also lost the other day the WA registered 401 Rebel that was here in Albury for 15years as they lost the storage over here and had to send it back to WA to their son the owner. Us AMC owners are hard yakka Smile All going well we should still end up with 12 javelin/AMX's and approx 30 cars all up

If you know anyone thinking of coming but is sitting on the fence give them a push. This show is for them, it is for us, and our rare cars that few get to see. This show aims to show our cars to all of Australia . Plus Albury/Wodonga makes for a good weekend away with plenty to see and do. Enjoy a bit of fresh air and have a relaxing time away from home in your AMC Tongue 

See you all soon Smile
76 Matador View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76 Matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2016 at 1:15am
I had made accommodation bookings for the 2014 show but unfortunately I was involved in a motor cycle accident on 14th March 2014 and couldnt attend. Recovery has been my main priority since then as well as getting back to work etc so last year was a no show as well and the restoration of the Matador was very much on the back burner. However, today I picked up the new number plates for it and it will be on the road being run in etc and some more work to follow. So all going well, Id hope to be there for 2017. I wish every one all the best for a great weekend and my sincere compliments to the organisers for a great job.
Kind regards
to all.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2016 at 4:32pm
Not long to go Tongue

The show has its own official facebook site now (there was an unnoficial one run by some-one else). You can check out my mug next to a Javelin on the front page at the moment.  

Mrs Javelin View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2016 at 1:41am
Getting excited...only a few days to go now and really looking forward to meeting new people and putting faces to names I have known for years.

We had planned to go through the tunnel and across the Bolte Bridge (Melbourne) but just found out they are closing it so they can widen it...did they really have to do it this week !!!

Oh well, lots of other alternatives, we'll get there one way or another. Hoping to leave Hallam around 10am so should see you guys mid afternoon Friday.
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2016 at 3:43pm
Hi Jason. Just started our journey over and will be in Albury tomorrow night. Faye and I hope to see Allan Briggs put his AMX through the pace if the weather holds up on Friday. It will be good to see everyone and new people on the weekend,see you soon

Doug and Faye   
Mad max # 15
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2016 at 5:44pm
See you all in AMC Alley:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic