TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3rd annual Australian AMC/Rambler show March 2016
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

3rd annual Australian AMC/Rambler show March 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2016 at 3:35am
Hi Jason and all other AMC enthusiasts. I am getting really excited about going to my first AMC Nationals at Chryslers on the Murray and looking forward to meeting other fellow enthusiasts. Jason has done an amazing job - 12 Javelins & AMX already. The record for us here in Melbourne was 13 at the All American a number of years back - hopefully that will get broken this year. Cheers for now Smile
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2016 at 5:35am
Welcome to the forum Dianne, great choice for your forum identity. Wish I was going, maybe next year, it's a long way from the west coast.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2016 at 6:42pm
Hi Dianne. Yeah welcome to the AMC forum Australian chat section. If you have a squiz at some of the other threads you will find some very interesting information. There is a thread on the Australian AMX's etc and a lot of sneaky bits and peices and photo's throughout the rest of the threads. I find it the easiest way to get information up for everyone to see then I encourage other owners to share it onto facebook pages (both open and closed), club newsletters, friends etc etc.

I cant take all the credit for getting the good numbers of Javelin's potentially coming this year. Allan Briggs and Graham Stevenson have also been doing some footwork contacting many AMC owners over the last few months. If I can get in contact with Jeff Fripp (anyone?) I would love to have his beaut original 74 down here.

Petrol on the weeknd was advertised at one servo here in Albury as 97.4cents with a discount voucher. Wow! Hope it stays like that until March which will make for some ace cruising of the multitudes of Chryslers and AMC's in town.

If anyone is making the trek over from WA this year or future years please let me know as I may be able to put you in contact with the owners who convoy over each year from that part of Australia. That would be an adventure for sure Smile

Mrs Javelin View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2016 at 12:44am
It's great to hear that the Victorian boys are lending a hand. I've been looking through my archives to see what I might like to bring up to share and I discovered that our record is 14 not 13 and that we did it 2 years in a row - 2007 & 2008 so have updated the Timeline on the website...How could I forget such an important fact LOL
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2016 at 2:37am
Looks like we will have easy the 12 Javelins plus another 5 maybe's I am waiting to hear back from. I heard of another Aussie 68 entered today that I havn't heard about before. That could make 17 Javelin/AMX's all together in the one spot if the planets line up. WOW Tongue

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2016 at 5:35pm
Hi everyone. Only just over 3 weeks to go Smile Still some time to get your pre-entry in by March 7th which saves you a couple of bucks and lets us know approximate numbers. If you miss that date no dramas you can still post your entry at any stage or just rock up on the weekend. They have over 400 pre-entries already which is about 50 up on normal so sounds like it is going to be a biggy again and should be up near the 700 cars.
Petrol has been cheaper here then in Melbourne and Sydney for some reason. I saw it advertised at 93.7cents with a voucher about a week ago and it is still under the dollar. This should make for lots of fun cruising for the weekend and the perfect weekend to get that AMC out of the shed and blow some cobwebs out.
I talked to Jeff Fripp from ramblerSpares the other day and he is unsure whether he is going to be able to make it this year but here's hoping. He still has heaps of New, NOS, 2nd hand and reconditioned AMC/Rambler parts. It is a first in first served basis with the NOS parts as they are getting harder and harder to come by and he does have some real interesting stuff for Javelins, Hornets, Matadors and most of the rest. He has changed his email which is now karenafripp@optusnet.com.au and his phone is still the same at 0409830203. Here's hoping he can make it and show off some of the cool parts he has in his inventory. Parts for your resto, to put up on the shelf or just as an interest peice he has some great parts.
The Chryslers on the Murray now has an official facebook page now too  https://www.facebook.com/chryslersonthemurrayofficial/ which may be a good source of information. Feel free to put any AMC info up on that as well if you feel the need. It is amazing how much interest we have in our cars. Its just a shame it is so diffuicult to get AMC/Rambler owners to want to bring them out and satisfy that increased interest and curiosity people have for our cars at the moment.
Looking forward to catching up with previous AMC/rambler entrants and meeting the many new one's joining the fun

See you all soon
Jason (70Hornet) Smile.

Edited by 70Hornet - Feb/25/2016 at 5:52pm
Gordon P View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2016 at 6:38am
Hi Dianne, great to hear that you will be attending Chryslers on the Murray this year. I shall be coming down with my new (old) Rambler. It will be great to catch up with you, been many years. I have been adding to my AMC collection after the fires and now have a 1978 Pacer wagon, USA import,yellow with woodgrain, 1964 Classic, USA import, original 25,000 miles, 1973 Matador wagon Aussie (hearse) as well as the 1902.
Mrs Javelin View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2016 at 2:39am
Hi Gordon, it will be great to catch up again. Not long now...
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2016 at 8:01pm
Hi everyone and a big hi to Gordon Pendlebury and welcome to the AMC forum which is probably the best way to spread the news.

Wow less then 2 weeks to go! Smile

Gordon is bringing down his 1902 Rambler replica which will be great to see. I dont think many of us have seen in person a car like this particular car so it should be an experience

Apparently the show pre-entry numbers have broken the all time record for Chryslers on the Murray and are up near 500 which if things work out equates to well over 700 on the weekend. Thats a lot of cars! Smile 700 AMC's? Nah dont think so There wouldnt be that many left on the road in OZ but we are on track hopefully for between 30 to 40 with around 14 of those being Javelin/AMX's which I will line all up in a row which will be a rare photo opportunity for people and the many magazine journo's wandering around

Eddie Ford is a guest again this year and looking for cars to take pics of and do articles for in his long running Restored cars magazine (must be one of the longest running car mags?) If you would like to chat with him I can introduce you

I will be taking Eddie for a cruise in my Father in Laws Plymouth Volare T-Top coupe on the saturday night up and down Dean street and Wodonga place. Wodonga place is where it all happens Saturday night so if you are in town (with or without a car) do yourself a favour and head downtown saturday night and soak up the atmosphere.

Dianne Wilson will have some information regarding the Javelin register on hand (and maybe some merchandise?) and I encourage anyone for any other AMC/rambler club in VIC, NSW etc to have some information handy to give to any curious people who are after more information regarding AMC/Ramblers

There is a Dyno on the sunday (maybe Saturday? ) If you want to see how your car is going. It doesnt have to be a high horsepower car but the dyno can help see what may be wrong and how to get it to go better etc. Gordon are we going to plonk your 1902 Rambler on the dyno? Smile

Still not sure if Jeff Fripp is coming down with some of his AMC/Rambler parts for sale. There are a lot of people interested in meeting him and seeing some of his parts so if everyone gives him a stir up via phone and/or email we may persuade him to come down. He has some great and rare AMC/Rambler parts for sale at a great price. He just loves helping get another AMC/Rambler on the road coz there just isnt enough of them out driving these days

Some other things at the show this year are Gavin Farmer releasing a new book on the Aussie Charger. The genuine US NASCAR ex Ward Burton's is present again with some start-ups. Amazingly we couldnt hear it from the AMC tent last year so when you hear that it is about to get a start up it is well worth a wander to hear it grumble.

There is a big Chryslers on the Murray merchandise tent with all sorts of amazing stuff that would look good in peoples sheds etc and a momento of the weekend. They have some big tin Charger plaques which are cool as. I have asked them if we can do some Javelin one's next year which has been given the nod but we will have to look out for these next year. They are top quality so check em out

We have our own big tent this year again. There is a stall under our tent selling fresh salad sandwiches/wraps and fresh fruit salads etc which will be a welcome change from some of the greasy food. Oh but there is a yummy home made ice cream stall across from this as well to even out the healthyness Smile

Dont forget friday there is some track action down at Barnawartha with our very own Allan Briggs having a crack in his 390ci AMX. entry for spectators is free. The NASCAR does a few laps here and there too. And I still cant confirm it but I think there is a humpy 401ci Javelin having a go too

Saturday arvo is at the old Ettamogah pub (the original one now re-opened) and well worth the drive out and soak up a great atmosphere with most cars heading out there, They will be doing an Aussie Charger photo shoot and the old pub is worth an explore. From there many do the super cruise around in a convoy around Albury/Wodonga. You will pass the old Hume Weir racing circuit and the dam etc. After that dinner and some cruising around Wodonga place as previously mentioned

Cant wait to see all the AMC/ramblers lined up together agian and catch up with previous owners and meet some of the new one's. It is shaping up to be an amazing weekend and with petrol still around the 95 to 99 cent mark there is no excuse not to do some serious cruising while up here

see you all soon

Jason (70Hornet) Smile

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/07/2016 at 12:44am
mick gill View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2016 at 8:53pm
Got a room booked at the weir my friend. Can't wait.
71 Matador 360/Auto
77 HZ One Tonner 350/T400
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic