TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

390 crank and rods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2019 at 2:05pm
I think you would have better luck looking for a 401 crankshaft (same stroke) plus more bolt transmission options. But either way your looking at $400 to $700 for either a 390 or 401 crank plus shipping cost. If your running a turbo the extra 20-25 cubic inches will never be known.

Tom
1949 Ford Business Coupe
1969 AMC Rambler Rouge, Tube Chassis Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw NPS Race Car Project
1980 Ford Fairmont Futura
1990 Ford F-350 Supercab Dually
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2019 at 2:33pm
I have a 390 crank that is machined for the 904/727 trans that I was going to put in to a 360 block as well.  Not sure if I have rods though. How much are you willing to spend?
80x View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2019 at 5:16pm
I mainly was interested in going to the forged crank and rods versus the cast 360 items for durability not as much for the cubic inch increase.

Although the stroke increase will give me some compression ratio increases and slightly different bore and stroke ratios. There are a bunch of other details but durability was the biggest one though.

I hadn't considered 401 cranks only because they seemed even more sparce and even more pricey.

I don't mind spending several hundred bucks for a good crank but the couple 401s I came across were around 1000 for a core around here.

I am looking to ultimately run a powerglide depending on what I decide to do with the end result.

If I'm not happy with the end result it may just end up a manual trans.  
Down & Dirty Dan View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Down & Dirty Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2019 at 5:36pm
Do you have a AM belled power glide? I have one on my site. 390 and 401 crank's as well. This power glide was got from a AMC AMX race team up in the Seattle area years ago. His name was Brian Johnson. I think there car was an old Pintos car out of Florida. Any way if your interested go to amc-performance.com

Dan:
Dan:
VJI70AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VJI70AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2019 at 4:09pm
I have a 70 390 std crank and rods professionally cleaned and magged.  1500 for both or  the whole motor with heads pan original covers etc. for 2850. Act now if interested for I am going to part it out! 
typhooner View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typhooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2019 at 4:44pm
Not to be confused with the Brian Johnson from Mn.
1969 Hurst SC/Rambler A Scheme
1967 Rogue Convertible
1969 Rebel Raider Electric Green (BBG
1969 Rebel Raider Blue You've Never Seen (BBB)
Down & Dirty Dan View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Down & Dirty Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2019 at 5:18pm
No, this Brian Johnson is from Cameo Island up past, (North) of Seattle WASHINGTON. 
Dan:
VJI70AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VJI70AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2019 at 6:02pm
crank and rods no longer for sale.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic