TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

390 crank and rods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 390 crank and rods
    Posted: Sep/26/2019 at 8:12am
Anyone have a 390 crank and rods available.
Please PM is you do and let me know what you have.
Thanks
VJI70AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VJI70AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2019 at 8:39am
have a whole 70 390 complete to 7 blade fan, might seperate but need to pull apart and have machinist check condition.
rodhhrod View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodhhrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2019 at 11:46am
What year?
Down & Dirty Dan View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Down & Dirty Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2019 at 12:41pm
I have two, or three 390 core crank's on my Web/Site, No rods though. amc-performance.com
Dan:
amxess View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2019 at 11:13am
Yes, what year 390? Have an NOS 390 crank for a 70. Think I have a used set of rods for a 69.
easydean View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2019 at 2:45pm
So, where are you at with this - I have 68/69 and 70 cranks and rods - Thanks.
rodhhrod View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodhhrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2019 at 8:21pm
I agree, why post a wanted and not reply??? I have a 68 crank and rods also.
80x View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2019 at 4:47am
Guys,
I have been on the road for work and have replied to several personal messages I was aware of and was waiting for responses on pricing and condition.
Many have let me know they have stuff but have never gotten back to me on condition and pricing.

I was just notified of these replies by the forum yesterday so I am sorry if for some reason my response isn't adequate it's not my intention.

The crank and rods are not for a restoration but rather a 360 budget based stroker I intend to build and I intend to blow through turbo the thing.
I am almost done with the standard stroke version which will start as a single turbo.

The problem I have had is that much of what is out there is really pricey and almost forces you into aftermarket since the prices are so close.

I understand much of the oem stuff is now pretty rare so the value is up there.

I was hoping to do this on a  budget with all factory forged stuff.

So guys if you have stuff that is useable and reasonably priced please PM me with what you have.

And I am still looking for a torker intake. I found one a few hours from me but I haven't had the extra time to go look at it.

Thanks Jon

easydean View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2019 at 5:19am
Flat flange or step flange? 68/69 or 70? Or does none of this matter??
mbwicz View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbwicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2019 at 8:00am
The 390 is kinda special, cranks will be pricey. You may have more luck looking for a 401 crank, and most of them work with a 727 trans, which is better than the 390 trans (different crankshaft flange).
1970 AMX. Holy Crap its easy to spend money on this car!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic