TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

37th AMC Nationals/Cordova/NAMDRA - Event Date: Sep/10/2015 - Sep/12/2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judo390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2015 at 8:35pm
Agreed Steve! My wife and I were there observing and taking pictures. Thought it was great racing and a terrific turnout of cars for the car show! Thanks to everyone who made this happen. You all carry the AMC banner proudly. I am trying to download pics but having some problems tonight. I will post a link to pictures sometime tomorrow. 
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2015 at 12:21am
We just got home. What a great weekend. It all started with a fantastic sunrise over the Mississippi river on Friday morning.

Then it was off to the track to unload the cars.

We did manage a side trip to Antique Archaeology.

Then back to the track to check out some of the great cars.

Things got busy with time trials. What fun running two cars instead of just one. We got to run the Nasty Nash first. We were very relived that Gary, in the far lane, was not too badly hurt when his car went into the wall on this run. Too bad his car was not so lucky.

The the other Hornet was up next. She was running in top form.

Good thing we had the three car wedge trailer as Joe, 71SC360, had a little issue with a bad cable to the starter and was able to use the trailer as a lift to fix it. As it turns out he then saved the day for us. When the throttle cable broke on the Nasty Nash Joe gave us an AMC cable that we were able to use to get the Nash back up and running. Big thumbs up for Joe.

That's it for tonight. I'll try to see if I can come up with any more pictures later.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2015 at 9:02am
I dropped Sidewinder off at 4 AM and I got back at 5 AM (can't believe I am already awake) this morning. Eleven hours each way was well worth the trip. I found some great parts there, sold a few and got to see some friends I haven't seen in awhile. I'll definitely try to make it back next year....

I have to give a shout out and thumbs up to Jim and Ken for allowing me to use the car hauler to make my car repair easier when the Pos cable broke off the starter on my wagon. The car performed flawlessly on the trip out there (it was its maiden long trip voyage). Fortunately, it decided to break while we were there and not on the road. I had to crawl under the car to start it a few times while we were there but I didn't want to continue to do so on the trip home. Ken came up with the mobile lift idea while we were talking in the staging lanes Friday night. Saturday morning it was off to the parts store for a few permanent fix items and I got it back together within a half hour.

They say "it's good to know people with high places" and I agree 100%. Thanx again Jim and Ken!

sidewinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2015 at 10:05am
Entire show as a blast.....great racing ....old friends...new friends....sold a few parts and bought a few also.   trip was well worth it and thanks to Joe ( 71SC360) for calling me with the battle cry   "ROAD TRIP!!!..... 

(Joe.....I was up at 9:30!! ) LOL.....

Chuck Page   
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

javjav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javjav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2015 at 11:21am
Here are some pics of Gary Timmerman's AMC Spirit that hit the wall on Friday.  Photos taken by John from Gateway AMC.

During Tech:

Edited by javjav - Sep/13/2015 at 11:30am
Green AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2015 at 4:17pm
OH SH  OH SH  OH SHOOT 
I hope only feelings are hurt cars can be replaced 

Edited by Green AMX - Sep/13/2015 at 4:22pm
69 AMX 390 4speed go pack
72 Javelin 360 auto(sons)
82 Spirit (wife's 1st car)still not done
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2015 at 4:43pm
OH Crap....Very sorry to see that...Gary is a really nice guy.....

Edited by idrambler - Sep/14/2015 at 10:54am
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2015 at 5:40pm
Sorry to hear about Gary's spirit. Glad he is alright. Glad to hear every thing else went well. Sorry I could not be there. Looking forward to more photos. LRDaum
LRDaum
Judo390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judo390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2015 at 7:18pm
I posted a Shutterfly link to some pictures of the car show and racing in the pictures section.
chopit View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2015 at 8:22pm
I would like to give a thank you to Jen, Shannon, and Bobbi for all the work they put in to make this years event a great time. But it still was not the same without Jock and P J. They were missed by all and wish them well and look forward to seeing them next year
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic