TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

343 Rebel Times

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtrememotorworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2009 at 8:05pm
Ya he knows all about them, he has been rebuilding transmissions for over thirty years now and built my amc turbo400. Didnt plan on getting a whole lot of performance out of it, just didnt want old seals etc to let go down the track! Here is my new ride.....
forest View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2009 at 2:26pm
I like it.....
setting guys out by car lengths....
chaez2 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2009 at 4:42am
Originally posted by xtrememotorworks xtrememotorworks wrote:

If it wasnt such a nice orignal 343 sst car I would get crazy with the spray! Just hate to blow up such a nice motorBig smile
Wise thought it takes more than stock internals to spray more than 50-100 shotWink
forest View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2009 at 12:07pm
LOL no it doesnt. haha  It takes a good tune to spray more that 100 at a stock motor.
chaez2 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2009 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by forest forest wrote:

LOL no it doesnt. haha  It takes a good tune to spray more that 100 at a stock motor.
Im not even going there your a professional builderLOL that can make cast piston withstand lots of nitrous without crushing a ring gland or breaking a 30 year old rod bolt or how about a factory rocker arm stud or heck just blow the headgasket out and dirty up the track. Heck he just wants high 12's 389 gear rpm air gap,cam and tork converter should get him where he want to get its more about combination cam to match intake and the cam needs the right spring pressure to work correctly so you might have to change the  springs also i personally think the torker will slow extrem down a duel plain would probally do him better. Tune that sound too complicated 4 degrees per every 100 shot. But hell i dont know nothing im just running 10.80's guessing in a 3800 lb street car and will dip in the 9's before years end Tongue

Edited by chaez2 - Jul/15/2009 at 6:33pm
forest View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2009 at 6:46pm
haha  your only going 10.80s on a 250 shot, thats sad dude.  you dont know the least thing about the right combination. Look at your car, 14:1 and a 250 shot and your running high tens. lol  You have a world of good parts in your motor and none of them match. PMM and all these guys including myself told you that a long time ago, and to get it tuned right, you still dont listen. And yes, I am a professional builder, with the credentials to prove it, as I did once before. My advice to you is, dont offer advice like a stock motor can only take 100 shot just because thats all YOU can spray. I am looking at a 95 mustang with factory HYPERUTECTIC pistons, almost 200k miles on it, and its had a 200 hit on it for 4 years. I guess stock motors cant take much at all can they? That is one of very few cars with over a 100 hit on it around here with stock motors in them. You are hopeless. That, and try to punctuate a little better, your posts are hard to read, its like one big sentence.   And, he wants to go high 12s for cheap, and quick, that means nitrous, not a bunch of other parts. N/A it would be easy to get that car there, but it doesnt sound like he has the time for it.    Here we go again, you going off about nonsense. I'll end my posting in this thread so it doesnt become 20 pages of your nonsense.

Edited by forest - Jul/15/2009 at 6:51pm
chaez2 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2009 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by forest forest wrote:

haha  your only going 10.80s on a 250 shot, thats sad dude.  you dont know the least thing about the right combination. Look at your car, 14:1 and a 250 shot and your running high tens. lol  You have a world of good parts in your motor and none of them match. PMM and all these guys including myself told you that a long time ago, and to get it tuned right, you still dont listen. And yes, I am a professional builder, with the credentials to prove it, as I did once before. My advice to you is, dont offer advice like a stock motor can only take 100 shot just because thats all YOU can spray. I am looking at a 95 mustang with factory HYPERUTECTIC pistons, almost 200k miles on it, and its had a 200 hit on it for 4 years. I guess stock motors cant take much at all can they? That is one of very few cars with over a 100 hit on it around here with stock motors in them. You are hopeless. That, and try to punctuate a little better, your posts are hard to read, its like one big sentence.   And, he wants to go high 12s for cheap, and quick, that means nitrous, not a bunch of other parts. N/A it would be easy to get that car there, but it doesnt sound like he has the time for it.    Here we go again, you going off about nonsense. I'll end my posting in this thread so it doesnt become 20 pages of your nonsense.
deleted post because of language..........please keep it clean...

Edited by purple72Gremlin - Jul/15/2009 at 8:17pm
SST343 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SST343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2009 at 7:02pm
You have a 68 Rebel SST, not a 67 if the picture is right.
xtrememotorworks View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtrememotorworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2009 at 10:40pm
Sorry my first rebel was a 67 and I keep saying that without even knowing! Its a 68 and Im retardedBig smile Im using a torker due to the fact I bought a new one for 99 bucks and scored a new comp 270h cam for free so I think Im going to use that.
forest View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2009 at 9:53am
get new lifters and valvesprings.......   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic