TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

343 Rebel Times

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtrememotorworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 343 Rebel Times
    Posted: Jul/13/2009 at 11:33am
Well realized my turbo 401 american is just to far behind to make it to pinks all out August 14 so i picked up a 67 rebel with a 343. Was wondering what others have done/run to get a 12.9 or better which is what i need to run to race. I was going to go with a torker intake I have, cam and headers and maybe a 75 shot of Nos? Anyone know the weight of this beast?
forest View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2009 at 1:33pm
spray the piss out of it!!!   hit it with a 200 and tune it up good.
setting guys out by car lengths....
xtrememotorworks View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtrememotorworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2009 at 2:05pm
If it wasnt such a nice orignal 343 sst car I would get crazy with the spray! Just hate to blow up such a nice motorBig smile
forest View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2009 at 3:43pm
I doubt you will blow it up on a 200 if you know what you are doing. What is the factory compression of that motor and what cam you putting in it? Get a nitrous grind and pull 9 degrees of timing on the gun, get it on the dyno, tune it at 11.3:1 A/F for a safe tune on spray, and you will be just fine, get a rev limiter abd dont spin past 6k. I bet it goes low 12s, high 11s on a tire.
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtrememotorworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2009 at 4:35pm
Ya ran 175hp on a few cast piston motors, just hate to chance it. But then again Im know for doing some really stupid stuff right before the race so who knowsLOL Believe it was 10-1? Trying to figure it out right now. Was going to run what ever cam was the cheapest lol Really just want the dam thing to run 12.9 Spent months and thousands of dollars on my american and got hung up by pistons showing up late so just want to make the show.
forest View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2009 at 6:02pm
That sucks. It should take 150-200 easy if your tune is right.
poormansMACHINE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2009 at 6:21pm
On that 67, what are the chances of leaving the trans at the tree trying to hit a 43 year old trans?
If it survives 1 pass, there's still the 2.87 or 3.15 gear out back.
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2009 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by poormansMACHINE poormansMACHINE wrote:

On that 67, what are the chances of leaving the trans at the tree trying to hit a 43 year old trans?
If it survives 1 pass, there's still the 2.87 or 3.15 gear out back.
& the weight of the car and 2.87's/3.15's..............I'd be thinking just like PMM is here........
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtrememotorworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2009 at 7:32pm
Ya trust me thats on my mind also! My good friend builds transmissions for living and I can get it done close to nothing but with little to no time hate to get to deep into. Maybe I should look into seeing how fast my ten speed bike can go 
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2009 at 7:57pm
Your buddy may be good at rebuilding tranny's but when it comes to performance, the B/W is very restricted.  no shift kits, no real high stall converters....................which is why they run TF's and TH400's.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic