TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

327 oil pan washer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsjavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 327 oil pan washer
    Posted: Jul/24/2017 at 6:14am
 Hi  Washer for the drain plug  on the  327  is worn out. What is the best thing to do to stop the leaking ? The plug is not  stripped. Thanks John   
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2017 at 6:27am
Copper washer from the auto parts store. Some of them still have the box with a large selection of sizes.
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
Rebel327 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2017 at 7:50am
Agree...see above.
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2017 at 1:35pm
What was said. I bought the assortment box so I have several varieties in stock.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
trewyn15 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trewyn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2017 at 2:04pm
Either that or a car quest or similar should be able to give you a plastic washer.  That's what I have on mine and it's holding up really well.
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Night Edition
2000 Trans Am WS6
1989 Trans Am GTA
1989 Grand Prix ASC/McLaren
1983 AMC Concord DL
1966 AMC Rambler Rebel Classic
johnsjavelin View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsjavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2017 at 10:49pm
 . The local Car Quest got bought out by ADVANCE AUTO , and I cant  mention his name but he is  one of the  last of the car guys  who still knows about old cars, he has ben there a  long time .He had 2 Brass  washers left and he knew right where they were I ,bought the two.   He is going to retire soon then I will have  to deal with youngsters that think my 327 is a chevy motor or what kind of car is that it is not in my book. Ok done ranting   Thanks John    
trewyn15 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trewyn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2017 at 8:38am
Originally posted by johnsjavelin johnsjavelin wrote:

. The local Car Quest got bought out by ADVANCE AUTO , and I cant  mention his name but he is  one of the  last of the car guys  who still knows about old cars, he has ben there a  long time .He had 2 Brass  washers left and he knew right where they were I ,bought the two.   He is going to retire soon then I will have  to deal with youngsters that think my 327 is a chevy motor or what kind of car is that it is not in my book. Ok done ranting   Thanks John    

Hey come on now, I'm 25.. lol
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Night Edition
2000 Trans Am WS6
1989 Trans Am GTA
1989 Grand Prix ASC/McLaren
1983 AMC Concord DL
1966 AMC Rambler Rebel Classic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic