TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

327 aftermarket rod bearings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutch1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 327 aftermarket rod bearings
    Posted: Aug/21/2019 at 9:28am
can anybody please tell me which way the hole in the center of my rod bearings go, the rod side or cap side? These bearings are not grooved but do have a hole on one side of the bearing but I see no oil hole in the actual rod itself. Thanks Matt
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2019 at 6:34am
Some engines have an oil squirter on the rod to cool/oil the cylinder walls, some don't. If you don't have a squirter it doesn't matter where the hole is. If there is a squirter it would be on the rod itself (not the cap) and be to one side (or both) of the rod "arm" near the base of the big end.
Frank Swygert
Rebel327 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2019 at 7:27pm
Your rod bearings should have a "tang" that orients the bearing to both Rod and Cap.  There is an orientation of the rod to the crank.  Review your TSM for this. A hole in the center of the bearing cannot intersect with any hole in either rod or cap.  They should have a groove on the ID which intersects with the squirt hole.  I can send you a picture if u need.
Hutch1969 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutch1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2019 at 5:40am
Thanks for for your replies, and yes if possible can you send me some pictures of what you are trying to describe? Thanks Matt
Rebel327 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2019 at 5:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic