TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2nd annual Australian AMC Rambler show Albury 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2nd annual Australian AMC Rambler show Albury 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2015 at 2:22pm
Hi everyone   Just wandering were is a good place to stay and book for the Chrysler on the Murray and or book a place where some of you,s might be staying at
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2015 at 5:18am
There is heaps of various accomodation in Albury/Wodonga. What type would you like? I will list a few tomorrow evening for the benifit of everyone with phone numbers etc. For those with an entry form/programme there is a big list on the rear page. Will be great to have you over for the show. You will have to bring a heap of photo's with you so we can all have a look at the progress of your AMX's. Great stuff Smile  
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2015 at 10:02am
Thanks, does not mater to me just as long as its close to the event . I'll bring lots of pictures and of # 2 of 24 as well
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2015 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Amx nz Amx nz wrote:

Hi everyone   Just wandering were is a good place to stay and book for the Chrysler on the Murray and or book a place where some of you,s might be staying at
I will post more soon but the 3 closest are
Australia Park motel (Chrysler motel) phone 0260216000, www.australiaparkmotel.com.au
Best Western 60423900, www.hovelltreeinn.com.au
Hume Inn motel 0260212733, www.humeinn.com.au

These 3 are within easy walking distance of the Gateway lakes venue where the car show is held plus they see some good cruising come past on the saturday night. I will put some more up in next day or two in order from closest to furthest (there is over 60 places to stay within the Albury/Wodonga area so I won't list them all). Although even if you get one on the other side of town the most it would take to drive would be about 10-15minutes.

Hope this helps Smile

Edited by 70Hornet - Jan/14/2015 at 8:03pm
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2015 at 2:11am
We got in at the Australia park motel and it looks like they are filling up quick, just mention that you are there for the car show,it looks like they are holding a block of rooms just for the car show people. 70 hornet what sort of pictures and stuff would you like me to bring over     Can hardly wait for the day
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2015 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Amx nz Amx nz wrote:

We got in at the Australia park motel and it looks like they are filling up quick, just mention that you are there for the car show,it looks like they are holding a block of rooms just for the car show people. 70 hornet what sort of pictures and stuff would you like me to bring over     Can hardly wait for the day
The Australia Park motel is a pretty good motel and only a short walking distance to the show and into the main street of Albury. We have our Chrysler club meetings there as it used to be called the Chrysler Motel.

And I reckon any photo's or history of the Aussie two that you have definatly would be of interest to many. But some good photo's of any of the AMX's ie the Big Bad coloured ones I think people will be interested in looking over. Look forward to meeting you.

And anyone out there who owns an AMX or knows someone who does please be aware that it can be displayed at the show in ANY condition. For more info PM me on this forum or contact the email in the Chryslers on the Murray website. We would all love to see a handful of these elusive cars at the show. One other thing about this show is that all cars don't have to be show cars at all. The good thing about this show is it is open to all AMC/Ramblers (and Chryslers) in any condition. And the sepctators who come through the gates love it for this as not only do they get to see nice shiny restored cars but they get to see tatty old daily drivers in their working clothes, racecars, unrestored originals etc. A variety that makes it such a great show for all. See you all there Smile
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2015 at 6:13pm
All right I will bring what I can . See you there
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2015 at 6:05am

2nd annual Australian
AMC/Rambler show
at

Chryslers on the Murray, 14th/15th March 2015
 for more info go to;

Hi everyone. Wow it's getting closer. I have about 45 cars on my list of possible cars attending this year. If you arn't one of them PM me or email the above to be part of this great event to show off our AMC's and meet other AMC/Rambler owners and enthusiasts. There are cars ranging from a 1902 Rambler to an 80's JEEP. Totally original 54 Hudson, possibly a couple of Nash Metropolitans (one is a definate Smile), Pacer X, Marlin, possibly about a dozen or so Hornet's (I have 13 listed so far), 8 Javelins, hopefully 2 AMX's but we are still working on that and anyone that knows someone with an AMX tell them this is a chance to show it off to all of OZ as we have many magazine people roaming around throughout the weekend. Plus a few Classic's, Matadors, Rebels, only one possible American so far with a 360 wedged into it (where are all the Americans?) plus many more. If the weather is fine (it dampened things on the saturday last year) then it is a possibility we will crack 40 cars which would be an unforgettable sight to see for anyone interested in AMC/Ramblers in Australia. Plus we will all get to meet Doug from NZ doing up the Mad Max AMX who is going to bring photo's over of his amazing AMX collection. Andrew Tuck, Australia's AMX guru, may also be in attendence and hopefully he may bring his nice red with white stripes #3 AMX that has just been featured in the recent Unique Cars magazine. It will be great listening to these two guys for sure. 
If you are unsure about entering before the weekend you can always just do a day trip on the day or saturday (only 3 and a bit hours from Melbourne and literally only 5 from Sydney now and is a good drive to blow out the cobwebs of your AMC/Rambler). IE you can enter on the weekend no worries with or without an entry form anytime up until about 11.30am on the sunday. If you get here later then that just let the people at the gate know to contact me.
Also please remember your car doesn't have to be a restored work of art. This show is great as it caters for cars in ANY condition so don't for a second think no one will be interested in your car if it is a bit tatty. In fact many cars that are in their working clothes can attract more attention then some of the restored cars. Plus it is also a great opportunity to meet other AMC/Rambler owners and exchange information or ideas. Or maybe even meet someone with that elusive part you have been after. The AMX's this year will be let in literally as a rusty shell as we will cordon an area off for these but I will need to know if you are bringing your AMX.  

Please feel free to cut and paste ANY info from this thread onto your other forum sites, on facebook sites or club newsletters or email it to a friend who has an AMC/Rambler. If we all connect together then we can really make this AMC/Rambler gathering (Plus the Shannons American car show organised by Colin Main and Cooly Rocks organised by Garry Murphy) even more special but we can only do it with your help. If you have a car drive it, trailer it or push it to the show as we would all love to see it and we can show the public again what great cars we have and that they arnt just squirrelled away in a shed where no-one enjoys them or gets to see them
And anyone who attends please come up and introduce yourself. I look froward to meeting you all. See you soon Smile 

Edited by 70Hornet - Feb/06/2015 at 2:58pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2015 at 5:11am
Hi everyone. People have been asking me if the AMC guys and girls could do something as a group on the saturday. I was at the Ettamogah pub just out of town today and they are now fully re-opened and is a great place to park our cars in a row and have a beer and a chat. We will possibly be the first group of cars to haunt the new owners so we might get them some photo's for their wall. So what we might do is when all the Chryslers go to the Kinross pub at 2pm to 5pm on the saturday those who want to can keep following that road another approx 5km's (see program on entry form) and go to the Ettamogah Pub which I think is THE original but has been closed for a few years. They have done it up a bit and will be a great place to hang out with our AMC's for a few hours then head back into town for a main street cruise and get our beauty sleep for the main show on sunday. The Chrysler show used to head to the Ettamogah Pub instead of the Kinross for nearly 20 years until it closed. I will head out there and have a beer so might see you there Smile Put this up on your forum's, facebooks, emails and phone calls so everyone knows. Plus we can tell people at the show on the saturday.

Also Mick Gill (Tough looking Bamboo coloured Matador sedan) and myself are going to have a slot car challenge sometime on the friday or saturday if anyone is interested. I will post up a time when one is worked out and we can have a bit of an AMC/Rambler owner challenge if anyone wants to join us. Is a fun time. I wonder if they have any AMC slot cars Smile 

Please help spread the word via these site's or emails/phone calls etc so everyone can be in the loop and make these AMC/Rambler shows a must do for car owners and a must see for the 1000's of visitors that frequent the show. I am really looking forward to it again Smile 
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2015 at 6:42pm
What size slot cars will you guys be using . I have got some small size AMX's ( hot wheels size ).
Mad max # 15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic