TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2nd annual Australian AMC Rambler show Albury 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2nd annual Australian AMC Rambler show Albury 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2015 at 6:41pm
Car 19 of 26; Bob Berry's 1971 US 2 door Hornet SC-360 replica
This is my pick of the 7 Hornet's that was on show at the 2nd annual AMC/Rambler show. It has been treated to a full restoration into an SC-360 replica and is a very tough looking Hornet. It does run a nice 360 that Bob enjoys extracting the berries from every now and then Smile 

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2015 at 6:50pm
Car 20 of 26; Jason Chaplin's 1970 Australian assembled Hornet
This is my poor old girl on the left. I could fill a whole thread with some stories about this car (which I might do one day) It is a black 1970 Australian assembled Hornet built 7/1970 and is #103 (3rd earliest so far on Wayne William Australian Hornet register) I bought it in 1989. Done it up with my dad and put a Ford Cleveland in it. Sold it in about 1992/3. Bought it back in about 93/94 and sold it again in 94. I think I thought about that car everyday for 10 years so I tracked it down again in 2004 but it is in very poor condition now awaiting my time and money. That is young Clancy next to his original 70 Hornet also at the show. Amazingly this is the only photo I know of of my "Whor-net" at the show. It is still a running/driving car just waiting for the right time to terrorise the roads again Smile.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2015 at 7:11pm
Car 21 of 26; 1954 Nash Metropolitan
What a fun little car. This car was on loan from Chrystie's museum at Tocumwal. It came from the factory as a red with white roof car. It was converted to right hand drive in 1962 but amazingly the speedo and column shift were left on the left hand side. At most car shows kids are told to keep their hands by their side's and don't touch a thing but we let the kid's sit in this great little car and get photo's. The smile's on their faces was priceless and it is a photo and memory they will have with them forever. That is my mate David doing some juggling and balloons for the kids and a pic of the Nash and some of the crowd on the sunday. This show is huge Smile

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2015 at 7:18pm

Car 22 of 26; Clancy's Australian assembled 1970 Hornet
It was great to see this car as it is a mostly original 1970 Hornet still in it's everyday use working clothes. Clancy, the owner, was a great bloke to chat too and had never met anyone else with a Hornet so was wrapped to meet 6 other owners there on the day plus Wayne Williams who is doing the Australian Hornet register. Clancy's Hornet is a 12/70 build and #701. It is the original Safety Wattle yellow and 232ci 6 cylinder. A big thanks for bringing this unrestored Hornet up Smile  

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2015 at 7:41pm
Car 23 of 26; Mick Gill's 1971 Australian assembled Matador
This is an Australian assembled Matador and is body #1. It is a real neat car with a nice stance. It get's some regular use in Mick's hands is the original "Bamboo" colour

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2015 at 8:02pm
Car 24 of 26; Cliff Greene's Australian assembled 1970 Hornet
This was a tough looking Australian Hornet built in 12/70 and is #611 and now run's a 360ci and Torqueflite. The 7 Hornet's looked awesome in a row. The spotlight for the 3rd annual show is on the Hornet's here's hoping to break the record of 21 in the one spot Smile

Edited by 70Hornet - Apr/02/2015 at 3:30am
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2015 at 9:03pm
Car 25 of 26; David & Linda Lambs 1970 Australian Javelin
This is an Australian assembled Rambler Javelin made in 4/1971 and is #47 was made alongside Clem Smith's 70 Javelin which is #46. It still runs it's 390ci auto combo. I spotted these guys having a cruise on the saturday night at 11pm. The only AMC I spotted out cruising but apparently there were others out and about soaking up the mild night atmosphere.

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/24/2015 at 9:10pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2015 at 9:09pm
Car 26 of 26; Clem Smith's 1970 Australian assembled Javelin
This car is amazing and regarded as one of the most original 1970 Australian AMC Javelin's around. It runs it's original 390ci an amazingly is #46 one car under David and Linda Lambs #47. If you ever want to know what an original Australian Javelin looks like then viewing this car is a must and can be seen at Clem's museum in Adelaide along with many other AMC/Ramblers, Hudson's and Chrylsers. If I am allowed I would say this is my pick

WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2015 at 11:49pm
Here is the article from the Border Mail on the Saturday of the show. Not once did we mention that the Nash was the star of the show (the NASCAR was pretty close) but they seemed to think it was. Although it would have been the star of the show for the kids as they were able to sit in it for photo's

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2015 at 3:28am
That newspaper photo was done on the tuesday before the show for the Border Mail and when Trevor with the NASCAR done the cars first shakedown run. The guys and girls down at the  Wodonga venue from the Tafe Motorsport class wanted to try and get the Nash going so we could lap the NASCAR and NASH together. The newspaper loved the little Nash, as did the truck load of kids that got to sit in it for photo's on the sunday.

One of the highlights of the show for me was meeting Doug and Faye Kinney from New Zealand (pictured). As many of you may already know they own 5 AMX's (including the Australian #2 and #15) and 2 Javelin's. They brought over a photo album with AMX's in the 'Big Bad' colours plus all the others. What a great couple and I think they enjoyed their time at the show. We had 5 javelin's and 2 AMX's at the show but unfortunatly all the Australian AMX's that Doug was hoping to view were a no show but I think Doug and Faye still had a great time meeting all the other AMC/Rambler owners and enjoying the vibe of the town over the course of the weekend ie the cruising on the saturday night around Wodonga Place etc. Doug mentioned there was a cyclone heading towards where his cars are kept in NZ so here's hoping they all remained safe and snug in their garage to rumble another day. It was a real pleasure having Doug and Faye at the show Smile Here they are pictured with Alan Briggs 69AMX and John carson's 68 just to the right.

Edited by 70Hornet - Apr/02/2015 at 3:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic