TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2nd annual Australian AMC Rambler show Albury 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2nd annual Australian AMC Rambler show Albury 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd annual Australian AMC Rambler show Albury 2015
    Posted: Mar/20/2014 at 3:04am
Here we go again, Im looking forward to it already. I'll be there.

Edited by huddy1955 - Mar/20/2014 at 3:11am
1955 Hudson Hornet Custom
1963 Rambler Classic 660 wagon
1969 AMX 343 auto NO# 09 of 24
1973 Rambler Matador Wagon 360
1985 Jeep J20 pick up 360
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic
plenty of parts cars
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2014 at 4:14am

Yeah i might go too Big smile It is on next year 13th to the 15th March. There are some good things going to happen for next year but I won't start on too much until I know more, and more details are finalised which probably won't be until around september. It involves a racetrack. Javelin's and AMX's (especially the 24 AMI AMX's). A Mint 30000mile 54 Hudson Hornet. And much more  Smile  

In the meantime please enjoy the information and photo's that are being posted on the 1st annual Australian AMC/Rambler show thread.  Some photo's of the 1st show will also appear on the www.chryslersonthemurray.com website over the coming weeks.

Happy AMC'ing Tongue 

Jason (70Hornet)

2nd annual Australian
AMC/Rambler show
at

Chryslers on the Murray, 14th/15th March 2015
 for more info go to;

or contact me (70Hornet on this forum)

Edited by 70Hornet - Nov/26/2014 at 5:13am
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2014 at 2:14am
One thing I should mention early, as those with Javelin's and AMX's may need the time to get their cars sorted out etc, is that the Chryslers on the Murray 2015 is putting the spotlight on "US MUSCLE CARS" next year (this year was VH/K/J Valiants). To represent our AMC's I reckon it would be great for the Javelin's and AMX's (and Bob's SC/360 replica, and I hear there is a Rebel Machine under restoration in Melbourne Smile) to front the AMC's for us next year and the shows spotlight. There is two parts to this. 1# to get as many Javelins and AMX's together as we can, both imported and AMI built, and 2# (and this is the reason I mention this now as it will take time to track them all down and organise to have them at the show) is to arrange for as many of the 24 AMI AMX's to be present in any way, shape or form. IE Drivable, wrecked, under restoration,  maybe just photo's and information etc. We will have a special cordoned off feature display area just for the AMI AMX's and a display board will be made for each of the 24 cars plus much more. Of course we will have a great selection of other AMC's to show off to Australia including many of the cars we had present this year and possibly a 1954 Hudson Hornet, one of the last AMI Matador wagons, a couple of old dirt speedway Hornet's plus many more, I will put out more details later in the year, stay tuned Tongue

Again in the meantime please enjoy the information and photo's that are being posted on the 1st annual Australian AMC/Rambler show thread.  Some photo's of the 1st show will also appear on the www.chryslersonthemurray.com website over the coming weeks.

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/27/2014 at 4:02pm
ozziamc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozziamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 5:35am
I have tracked down 23 of the 24 cars. They are scattered across the country from Perth to Darwin and to Sydney. Some of the owners I have spoken to in the past were not interested in clubs or shows. They just like there AMX. Some owners dont even answer back which is a shame. If I bought mine next year It would be trailered as I have a family that would want to come along.  there is a page here somewhere with more info on it. I will have to find my folder with pics of most of the cars.
74 hornet hatch

69 AMX 3 of 24 AMI build

75 sportabout

81 Concord

all Right Hand Drive
ozziamc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozziamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 5:39am
A little known fact is there is 25 cars. Yes thats correct. One car was brought in assembled for AMI to copy. Its the one on the AMI brochure. You can see the AMX circles are unpainted and the mirror appears to be on the left hand side. also the "343" badge looks like a 290 badge. Jim Rowe has sighted this car back in the Mascot days. It was a 290 4 speed car. And was converted later by Granville Motors. It was advertised in the Sydney Morning Herald many times by Pye Motors of Paramatta in the late 70's.  The car dissapeared and I have no other info on the car
74 hornet hatch

69 AMX 3 of 24 AMI build

75 sportabout

81 Concord

all Right Hand Drive
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 5:54am
Thanks ozzieamc. I would be interested in having a chat with you at a later date if possible as you are highly regarded as the AMX man in Australia. I am aware there will certainly be owners not interested in showing their cars off but it won't hurt trying and this will be a one off special event of trying to get as many of them together in the one place which may help sway their decision just this once to bring it to the show. Many of these cars will require trailering anyhow as many are unregistered and some are rolling shells but we will have VIP cordoned off area for these special cars. I think over the next year we should be able to acquire at least some basic history of most of the cars and hopefully an up to date photo but even better would be to have as many of them lined up (in numbered order) to show these ultra rare little Aussie built American pocket rockets off to Australia. I think people will be very interested in their history.
Talk soon ozzieamc
jason Smile
ryder6330 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryder6330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 12:38am
I know one of the early AMI Javelins(I think AMX) went back to the states. Saw it in one of my magazines. Cant remember which..
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 2:42am
There a thread devoted to the Aussie AMX cars a bit further down the page that has details of a lot of the cars an yes one did apparently go back to the US.
74gremx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74gremx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 4:14am
Pic of it

1970 Javelin 360/727
1974 Levis Gremlin X 304/904
1964 American Convertible
1974 Matador wagon (parts)
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado
"Don't mistake activity for achievement".

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2014 at 6:50am

Some Australian AMX information can be found at; http://theamcforum.com/forum/oz-amx-registry_topic44024.html on this forum. Hopefully by the 2nd annual AMC show we will have plenty more information and photo's on the known Australian AMX's. Australian Muscle Car magazine may be doing an article on the Australian 24 and will be putting the call out for the missing AMX sometime this year (I will certainly contact you, or get them to contact you,  ozzieamc when they come around to wanting some more information on our Australian AMX's).

Also Colin Main has sent me this about the American Motoring Show next weekend (13th April). I have been to this show before and it is a great show in Melbourne and well worth going for a look or taking your AMC.

From Colin; 
Hi Guys,
 With the American Motoring Show here in Melbourne now just one week away I thought it worthwhile to email local members the current details as set out in the attachments. Please take a few minutes to read through the attachments for all details, including some recent updates relating to allocated parking position of our AMC Rambler vehicles.
 Event scheduled for Sunday 13th April 2014.
 Entry time for display cars is from 9.00am until 11.00am.
 Admission for display cars is $15 (passengers included)
 With an expected display of 1,500+ vehicles of North American origin, there is truly something for everyone.
 Our AMC Rambler vehicles have an allocated parking position as shown on the attached Site Map.
 Make the effort to come along and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of one of Melbourne's premier car events.
 Your AMC Rambler need not be a show winner, work in progress and daily drivers are encouraged to attend.
 Look forward to seeing you on Sunday 13th April 2014 at Flemington Racecourse for the American Motoring Show.
 Your questions, comments and suggestions are welcome.
 Best Regards,
Colin Main
AMC Rambler Club of Australia
Colins details for further info; amorphan@optusnet.com.au and phone number (03) 9309 0601

Also Garry Murphy organises the Cooly Rocks show usually with a thread on this forum. Are you out there Garry? Feel free to put up some details of Cooly Rocks on this thread

That will make three great AMC shows for us all to look forward to each year. So if we miss one we can go to another. Or all three!!!Tongue

1# The March Australian AMC/Rambler show in Albury/Wodonga Vic/NSW border.
2# The April American Car show in Melbourne.
3# The June Cooly Rocks in Queensland Smile (Pre 69 AMC's only)

Awesome!! Tongue Gives us all something to look forward to during the year and three avenues to show off our great cars to Australia.

Also please be safe in the knowledge the "Annual Australian AMC/Rambler" show here in Albury/Wodonga each year DOES NOT over-ride the various AMC club National's etc nor does it intend to (of course you are always welcome to hold any club Nationals at the Australian AMC/Rambler show Smile). The Australian AMC/Rambler show is just a relaxing, fun show where we can ALL get together and advertise our cars to Australia, and the world, and is open to ALL types of AMC's regardless of club, or not in a club etc. It is a show all AMC owners can look forward to each year. Basically the show is there to get the AMC name into the mainstream by piggy backing on such a huge already established show with such a large audience (Chryslers on the Murray). And the first show has worked fairly well at that and I think people are really starting to talk about our cars that probably wouldn't have given them a thought only a month ago. Even if the Australian show just inspire's some owners to get their cars going to attend other shows and not the Australian show then that is also a good thing. I think Colin's American Motoring show will be one of the biggest this year as people get a bit more inspired to show off their cars  With some big things happening for next years 2nd annual Australian AMC/Rambler show our cars will prove to be more popular then ever Smile  

Edited by 70Hornet - Apr/05/2014 at 6:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic