TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - **25th Annual "All-AMC Day" Date Announcement**
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

**25th Annual "All-AMC Day" Date Announcement** - Event Date: Jul/16/2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghinmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2016 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by 401MATCOUPE 401MATCOUPE wrote:

So if you are so inclined to be a real Rebel and install AMC Power in your GM.....your are welcome to run the eliminations!!!! just ask the x-Traco builders, AMC's made more power than General Motors on the dyno in Trans Am Engines!!!

I will be there Don!! Thanks for your constant support of this event.

What was true 45 years ago in a severely rule limited class is not necessarily true today in any other application.  I'd challenge any AMC engine to get 25 mpg driven to the track and go 10s on pump gas.
1975 Cherokee S - Turbo Hemi stick shift autocross/drag race/street 9.97 @ 140.4
gremlin1945 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2016 at 10:42pm
Take your truck to Super Chevy. You can talk bragging rights there.
former NHRA #1945

former IHRA #1945

T/SA
ghinmi View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghinmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2016 at 11:36pm
I don't own a chevy but thanks.
1975 Cherokee S - Turbo Hemi stick shift autocross/drag race/street 9.97 @ 140.4
gremlin1945 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2016 at 1:52am
So what engine are you running? If it's a Mopar as long as the body is an AMC I don't see a problem. I ran my gremlin at the Mopar Nationals for years, some of the Mopar guys weren't happy, but the decision was made that since Mopar took over AMC AMC's were invited. When I ran Stock Elim. Mopar paid me for engine assembly.  
former NHRA #1945

former IHRA #1945

T/SA
ghinmi View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghinmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2016 at 6:45am
It has a turbocharged HEMI.
401MATCOUPE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2016 at 8:32am
Originally posted by ghinmi ghinmi wrote:

Originally posted by 401MATCOUPE 401MATCOUPE wrote:

So if you are so inclined to be a real Rebel and install AMC Power in your GM.....your are welcome to run the eliminations!!!! just ask the x-Traco builders, AMC's made more power than General Motors on the dyno in Trans Am Engines!!!

I will be there Don!! Thanks for your constant support of this event.

What was true 45 years ago in a severely rule limited class is not necessarily true today in any other application.  I'd challenge any AMC engine to get 25 mpg driven to the track and go 10s on pump gas.

Greg.....sorry if I appear to be living in the past (45 years ago), not looking for a rise from anyone, just enjoy seeing the historical AMC vs. GM vs. Ford vs. Mopar contests of the day and wish we still had the "Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday" attitude...again living in the past. Of course there are limits to our AMC Power as the design is well past 50 years old.

I really enjoy seeing the OLD Dinosaur Designs in Combustion engines taken to the limit....not just AMC, but others like Studebaker's too.

Bonneville Speed Association:
Current Bonneville Speed record Holder
Classic Production Supercharged - /CPS
D "Avanti Kid", Dave Bloomberg D. Bloomberg 8 /02 198.143

Studebaker Powered Design from late 1940's and still viable to make large power to weight ratio.

Don't get me wrong, I love what you have done with all your Wagoneer's with AMC Power w/Turbo and the Modern Hemi build. I own a Modern Hemi Car (2009 Challenger R/T, drive every day and has 109K miles...you are right you can't beat it, dead stock I get 25-27 MPG and 375HP.....they are a great design also. I don't mean to speak for the group that puts on this event or others, but I travel to many of these AMC venues to see AMC Power and creativity. Great example is the 69 American Wagon in original paint and primer on bottom of rear quarters, running AMC 401, normally aspirated, with a 727 trans pull 10's all day long with two different drivers, Maryland Tagged for the street.

Bring the 401 Turbo Wagoneer, please...love to see it run in person!
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
ghinmi View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghinmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2016 at 3:10pm
I actually sold the engine and some of the turbo stuff out of the Wagoneer.  I've kept some AMC engines to build in the future but the Jeep is for sale as a roller currently.  I just didn't trust it to do anything other than drive around town, anyything else it got trailered to and that got old quick.  It would've been too much to tow it down for the AMC day but I could drive the hemi one there on the cheap and have a lot more fun.  Oh well, sounds like I won't be missing much.
rstepina View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rstepina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2016 at 6:27am
Wow! A show I can get to by driving my stock 65 American 330. How do we get info / sign up etc? Love to attend!
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2016 at 9:29am
Need more info..
Address for track.
Hotel information.
Is there a flier for the event?
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2016 at 3:53pm
Host Hotel: Best Western, North East, MD (410) 287-5450 (only 3 minutes from the track) “MACAC Rate” is $104.00.

Rooms also available at the Holiday Inn Express, (410) 287-0008 or Comfort Inn (410) 287-7100
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic