TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - **24th Annual "All-AMC Day" Date Announcement**
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

**24th Annual "All-AMC Day" Date Announcement** - Event Date: Jul/11/2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SG128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2015 at 10:20am

Before I get into the details and numbers, I just want to take a moment to thank Harley Smith and his team from the Potomac Ramblers for all their hard work and dedication in helping our Mid-Atlantic Classic AMX Club keep the "All-AMC Day" event going during the last few years while the event jumped around from Capitol Dragway to Mason-Dixon Dragway.  I'd also like to thank the Cunninghams (who owned Capitol Dragway at the time) along with Elmer and Kathy Wachter from Mason-Dixon Dragway for working with our "Consortium" of AMC clubs and hosting the event during those years.  Both are great racing facilities and went above and beyond expectations to help make our events a success.

This year’s 24th Annual "All-AMC Day" event was held at Cecil County Dragway and turned out to be a really nice day for the Mid-Atlantic Classic AMX Club as we made our return to the venerable northeastern Maryland facility.  The weather was great with bright sunshine and warm temps all day.  The turnout, although previous years provided more participation both on and off the track, was good, especially for being our first year back at Cecil. 

The Show Field hosted 23 cars with Miranda Ward's little Rambler taking the Best of Show honors and a $100.00 bonus award sponsored by John W. Keplinger and Sons.  Miranda is the niece of Keith Ward who was a regular competitor in his white AMX with us for years before he passed away suddenly a few years back.  Keith was a great guy who left us too soon and we all missed seeing him at the event.  In addition, Keith's daughter Reagan had her Dad's AMX back on the track with us making some passes last Saturday.  It was great to see the Ward family still involved with our event in their AMCs. 

We had 11 vendors in the Flea Market portion of the event with a wide variety of parts available to buy, sell, trade and "negotiate" for.

On the track, we sold 19 Tech cards and when the call was made for Eliminations, 14 cars lined up for first round.  We only had 2 cars show for the Electronics (Super) class so, they were both gracious enough to race "Old School" with their buttons & boxes unplugged and leaving off the footbrake instead (Thanks Kenny Testa!).  The Final was like "Old Home Week" with Dave Bailey in his "X-Rated X" coming out the Event Winner over Steve Sachs Jr's familiar 10-second white Matador.  Blaine Hertzog in his SC Hornet and Aris Asdourian in his SS/C AMX were the event Semi-Finalists.  Congratulations also to Nick Sukico from Long Island, NY who brought his 9-second street-driven AMX to Cecil and took home the $100.00 Fastest Street Car bonus sponsored again this year by Ann and Steve Erb’s E&E Metal Fab Inc.

While on the subject of sponsors, we would like to thank them all for their support:

·        Rich LaMont’s 422 Motorsports

·        John W. Keplinger & Sons

·        E&E Metal Fab Inc.

·        Hi-Fi Sales

·        Joe’s In-Home TV Repair

·        Manoa Beverage

·        DB4 Enterprises

Thanks to everyone that made the trip to attend our 24th Annual event.  Whether to Race, Show, Vend or just hang out, we appreciate all of you joining us.  Thanks also go out to Jimmy Halsey, his wife Cathy, Matt Wilson and the Cecil County Staff for all their help and cooperation.  Next year’s 2016 edition will be the 25th Annual and we are already kicking ideas around to make the Silver Anniversary of this meet something extra special.  Kudos to Joe Rocchi, Scott Weaver, Larry Blatt, George Watts and everyone else who helped out for all their efforts with organizing and keeping the event moving while I was splitting time between the AMC meet and the Mid-Atlantic .90 Association racing events going on at the same time.  Keep your eyes and ears peeled for information about our 2016, 25th Annual "All-AMC Day".  One thing's for sure, you won't want to miss it!

Edited by SG128 - Jul/20/2015 at 7:25am
401MATCOUPE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2015 at 10:38am
Don...many thanks to you and all that put this on, sorry I missed you!!! The family and I had a great time, looking forward to next year!
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
SG128 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SG128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2015 at 10:51am
I buzzed by on my scooter and saw you there with a bunch of people around your Vendor spot.  By the time I got back over there again, you were in the wind....  Glad you made it Ross, we'll have to catch up again sometime soon.  Thanks for coming!
-Don
chopperz16 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopperz16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2015 at 6:23pm
had a great time. car ran good. always good hanging with some amc racers. looking forward to next year..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic