TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2018 AMO Nationals - Auburn IN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 7:46am
Originally posted by 1792 MAT. 1792 MAT. wrote:

Host hotel is booked up.Just reserved a room at Days In a mile from the host hotel,they have two rooms left for that dates.Good luck!

1792 MAT.

Huh? Host hotel is full already?? I haven't even seen an announcement yet. AMO web site is still showing 2017. Which hotel is the host hotel?

Edited by CamJam - Sep/19/2017 at 7:58am
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 10:52am
Cam, I know, I was looking at the AMO website and the only reason I knew the dates was from a picture I took of the show artwork this summer in Gettysburg. I'll try and get more information in the next couple of weeks. 50 years of Javelin and AMX....you CAN'T miss that!!!

From what I've heard from an "insider", the host hotel is the Quality Inn. They are apparently sold out but that might just be the block of rooms they reserved. There are numerous hotels in a very close proximity so you will get a good choice of options. The Super 8 is right next door and cheap but not rated very high. If you want to have some laughs the Canadians and honorary Canadians will be at the Choice Hotels. LOL
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Rogue343 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 12:22pm
So you have to be Canadian or an honorary Canadian to stay at the Choice hotels (aka the Comfort Suites)?

OK, here goes: Bruins, Black Hawks, Red Wings, Canadiens, Rangers, and the Maple Leafs.  And I know what Molson's is.  Am I in? Big smile

1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 12:57pm
Auburn has a lot of positives, but one large hotel is not one of them. For those who attended last time, remember that there are a lot of hotels in the same block, many with adjoining parking lots. The Host Hotel is the Quality Inn, but I believe it is sold out. This was was primarily from those who pre-registered at Gettysburg or spoke to a Hoosier AMC member at the 2018 desk in hotel lobby.

There will be more details forthcoming - the club has most things ironed out and ready, we just haven't fully released it all yet. I believe the full details will be coming soon - this site, or amonational.com will be the places to watch for more information.
AMO Newsletter Editor
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Rogue343 Rogue343 wrote:

So you have to be Canadian or an honorary Canadian to stay at the Choice hotels (aka the Comfort Suites)?

OK, here goes: Bruins, Black Hawks, Red Wings, Canadiens, Rangers, and the Maple Leafs.  And I know what Molson's is.  Am I in? Big smile

Mainly you just need to like having drunks in your parking lot into the wee hours. Makes for pretty good security actually!
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 3:28pm
Yeah so if anyone wants us staying out there keeping an eye on your stuff bring us a cooler full of beer! (if you bring a camping cot Alex will have a place to pass out.....i mean sleep.

SOOOOOO much to do auto related that this will NOT be a show you want to miss. Holger, this one will be worth missing Finland for.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2017 at 2:46am
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

Yeah so if anyone wants us staying out there keeping an eye on your stuff bring us a cooler full of beer!

At the Harbourside in Kenosha, the Nightwatch in charge was the canadians with an European Backup System. Colin and Earl&Jake, and me and the Norwegians.  LOL
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
Have2SC's View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have2SC's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2017 at 5:42pm

June 27-30, 2018...time to start booking rooms before they all get booked! 

Just booked mine at the Choice Hotels for $99/night hope the Canadian $$$ keeps going up! Big smile
 Tony,  Let the games beginBig smile.   just booked my rooms!! Sounds like another good time!!   
1971 SC360 Hornet 4 speed   1970 Javelin 390 4 speed "Base Model" 1967 Rambler 220 X code 343 4 speed
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2017 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Have2SC's Have2SC's wrote:

Just booked mine at the Choice Hotels for $99/night hope the Canadian $$$ keeps going up! Big smile
 Tony,  Let the games beginBig smile.   just booked my rooms!! Sounds like another good time!!   
Dibs on the cot.
Have2SC's View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have2SC's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2017 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

Originally posted by Have2SC's Have2SC's wrote:

Dibs on the cot.
 and free beerLOL
1971 SC360 Hornet 4 speed   1970 Javelin 390 4 speed "Base Model" 1967 Rambler 220 X code 343 4 speed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
  Share Topic